Racing Bar Stools?

"I;m sorry Mrs. johnson you're husband was killed in a drunk driving accident"

"but, I don't understand I dropped him off at the bar..he didn't have a car"

"well, you see the accident happened INSIDE the bar...."

Apologies for using an very unfunny subject for a joke, but I'm not very PC at 7:50am....

That story also makes me think of Yakof Smirnoff who said "what a country!"

Chrysler put two wheels on the V-10 engine and called it a motorcycle...

Where I live a lot of people use 'quads'. They are used for hunting, ranch and farm work- getting around, driving cattle, small errands, fence mending transportation, etc etc. These were supposed to be the 'safe' more utilitarian version of a motorcycle. It has 4 wheels instead of two. (We started with 3 wheels but too many people broke their necks when those rolled over; which they did often on only three wheels) So, you'd think 4 would be the answer. Except everyone I know out here who owns one has had an accident. Most only get broken arms and stuff like that, but Bart Travis, the Cougar hunter, had his back broken. I don't know why they don't come with roll bars. I guess that's extra. With roll bars the thing would bounce like a ball all the way down the mountain. Probably become a major sport. Quad Bouncing.

Anyway, People find ways to hurt themselves. I'd like a Quad. But only to explore. Quads are marketed in a dual purpose role; work, and play. And the play is about horsepower and ramming through the woods at wonderful speed.

munk

munk said:
Chrysler put two wheels on the V-10 engine and called it a motorcycle...

Where I live a lot of people use 'quads'. They are used for hunting, ranch and farm work- getting around, driving cattle, small errands, fence mending transportation, etc etc. These were supposed to be the 'safe' more utilitarian version of a motorcycle. It has 4 wheels instead of two. (We started with 3 wheels but too many people broke their necks when those rolled over; which they did often on only three wheels) So, you'd think 4 would be the answer. Except everyone I know out here who owns one has had an accident. Most only get broken arms and stuff like that, but Bart Travis, the Cougar hunter, had his back broken. I don't know why they don't come with roll bars. I guess that's extra. With roll bars the thing would bounce like a ball all the way down the mountain. Probably become a major sport. Quad Bouncing.

Anyway, People find ways to hurt themselves. I'd like a Quad. But only to explore. Quads are marketed in a dual purpose role; work, and play. And the play is about horsepower and ramming through the woods at wonderful speed.

munk

I'd rather have two wheels than four. Would expect that would handle better in the woods. However the quads do have it for hauling things. But I sure would have a roll bar!

A friend's 12 YO daughter just flipped one in his back yard,(no roll bar) racing his 14 YO son. Critcial condition, ruptured spleen, broken ribs, broken collar bone, more --- tubes down her nose --- the quad landed on top of her. She should make it, but lot of pain and very sad, should have had a roll bar.

Just because you're driving an off-road vehicle, it doesn't make you magically invincible. That same mistaken view seems to plague the idiot drivers of SUVs.
Whatever your vehicle, you still need to adjust your driving according to the conditions.

Don't get me started on well to do ladies driving enormous SUV's at 70mph in Winter on icy Montana Roads....

munk

yes:

chainsaw_bike_rider.jpg

they've wimped out & took off the blades tho.

this one is more like it. (if you use the linky at the bottom, you'll see the skillsaws in the ridden category are the most interesting as they retain their circular blades where the chainsaw riders again wimp out & remove theirs)

CHNHUE.jpg

do you want to see more
: <-linky for the 2004 international power tool drag races

Back