Ralph Turnbull

Gus Kalanzis

Havin' fun, learning and putting up with Bastid.
Staff member
Super Mod
This thumbnail will link to a High Res Photo that will test your Broadband Connection
smile.gif

This is one of my photos that actually came out decent for once. The background is a mineral called rhodochrosite. (Ok so I collect rocks too)

<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=107945&a=837914&p=15263679&Sequence=0" TARGET=_blank>
Thumbnail
</A>

------------------
" I am continually reminded of the rewards of dealing with custom knife makers and the custom knife community." Jeff J.

[This message has been edited by Gus Kalanzis (edited 08-10-2000).]

Gus,
Nice knife! I was wondering if rhodochrosite could be used as a handle material for custom knives?
JOCKO

I have had a couple of makers say the stuff is too brittle and I agreed. The other day I had some email from a guy who makes kit knives and has added rhodochrosite as a handle. The knife came out nice by the pic.
I am still trying to find someone who might be interested in using it as a handle for a full custom.

It really is a beautiful mineral the slab in the picture is 1/2 an inch thick and translucent. It also can be found in crystaline form (cubic mostly) and can form a layer on a quartz matrix.

------------------
" I am continually reminded of the rewards of dealing with custom knife makers and the custom knife community." Jeff J.

Hi David

I sized this one 2048 X 1412 pix. and put "noresize" in the subject line and they took it.

------------------

Back