Ram Kumar's see through Knife

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
21 inch 19 ounce see through knife by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Nice deep fullers on both side of blade. Few rust spot on blade came during shipment transit between Nepal and Reno. Few minutes of rust removal time makes blade near perfect! Unique Knife for your collection at $95. *SOLD*

sp8BbOM.jpg

643ZPcS.jpg

AUsik4u.jpg

L169kMe.jpg

XhbFYb0.jpg

aD5Gjcn.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
I like the way Yangdu presented this knife. Ram Kumar probably thought he had ruined the blade, but instead it has nice deep fullers and a see-through design. If the fullers were any deeper the blade would be in four pieces.

Seriously, though, it's like one of those rare stamps caused by a printing error that enhances the value. Maybe Yangdu should have marked the price up rather than down.

I wonder if the open slot could be used as a bottle opener, which would make the blade more functional as well as unique.

Congrats to Bawanna. I saw this last night but mistakenly let it pass.

I got the Done Deal, I'm just into one off different stuff or things I haven't seen before. The length / weight ratio is rather appealing and I don't abuse my stuff so we should get along pretty fine.

Dayummm!!!! Bawanna found an Inverted Jenny in the HI files and flies it home safely! Grats brother Joe! Ive been wondering if it was possible to do something like a Gelbu Special about 21" and open up some space like that? This tells me anything is posibull with these great HI Kamis! Grats Mr. B on a Wonderful piece.

I received the See Thru this morning, still can't comprehend how Yangdu gets stuff delivered so quickly. It's amazing in hand, so light for the length with fullers you can swim in. Feels really awesome in hand. Definitely weapon grade and light duty chores although it seems solid as a rock. I won't abuse it for sure.
She also included a few bowies for me to work over the handles on and will be offered up when complete. The highlight of that bunch is a couple I call stubbies. I really like them. Think original size Micro Bowies, for those who weren't around at the time they were about 7 1/2''or 8'' long as opposed to the newer style with the longer handles. About 30 were made in the first batch and they were gone in about 3 days. These stubbies have the same short handle, perfect for my hand size but have a short 3'' blade rather than the 4'' on the originals.
I'm out making sawdust now but I'll post a picture after a bit. I love them myself, I think just like the originals they would be right handy in the field.
Also a monster Chef Bowie I think they are called, this thing is huge but delightful. This thing is a ticket to go anyplace it wants to go.

Grats on that fine hollow blade Bawanna. I love the idea of a blown out fuller intentional or not! Thats one step better than a Gelbu Special! Cant wait to see them new stubbies my friend! They are always my favorite. I do have a few longer handle ones but the shorter checkered handle ones cannot be beat in my opinion!

Last edited:
Back