Rambo First Blood.

All he wanted was something to eat. I still have my $5 specials my dad got me when I was a kid! Movie-schmoovie, take it for what it is, dry entertaining. A friend of my cousins has some original Liles, won’t come off them though

All he wanted was something to eat. I still have my $5 specials my dad got me when I was a kid! Movie-schmoovie, take it for what it is, dry entertaining. A friend of my cousins has some original Liles, won’t come off them though
At the March 2019 knife show I attended, one dealer had about a half dozen Liles on his table for sale. There were a few others scattered around the show as well.

[QUOTE="Hickory n steel, post: 19209200, member: 446406”]
Another movie I love which features prominent use of a large knife is Inglorious Bastards.
This is probably the only Brad Pitt movie I like, and I love that classic brass guard crown stay Bowie of his.

.[/QUOTE]

Did you see Legends of the fall? Epic ww1 scenes, boot legging, and a couple awesome Bear fights. A nice stag handled hunting knife featured prominently.

A River Runs Through it was awesome too.

[QUOTE="Hickory n steel, post: 19209200, member: 446406”]
Another movie I love which features prominent use of a large knife is Inglorious Bastards.
This is probably the only Brad Pitt movie I like, and I love that classic brass guard crown stay Bowie of his.

Did you see Legends of the fall? Epic ww1 scenes, boot legging, and a couple awesome Bear fights. A nice stag handled hunting knife featured prominently.

A River Runs Through it was awesome too.[/QUOTE]
With Anthony Hopkins ?
I've only seen a couple minutes of it.

I never see anyone mention The Hunted (with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio del Toro). Old movie of a similar vein, but they make their own knives. It had a fairly realistic knife fight for the finale as I recall...one of those scenes that reminds you why you never want to be in a knife fight. If you can get past some silly plot points and negative depiction of hunters (like most movies), it was fairly entertaining.

A River Runs Through it was awesome too.
With Anthony Hopkins ?
I've only seen a couple minutes of it.[/QUOTE]

Yes that’s the one. I enjoyed it. Your mileage may vary. It’s a long movie as I recall

That movie isn't bad. Anthony Hopkins is an excellent actor. Shame to see him grow old like Clint Eastwood.... shame....

“Legenda of the Fall” Does justice to Jim Harrison’s novella, about 120 pages of the best headlong story-telling I have read.

Each volume of Cormac NcCarthy’s Border Trilogy is punctuated by a knife fight. Only one made it to the screen, “All tht Pretty Horses”.

For my money, though, the best knife fight of all is Terry Southern’s “Razor Fight”.

Back