Ram's Horn

I have been lusting after a Ram's Horn knife for quite awhile. I got my this one today. Here is what I know. It is a Canal Street Cutlery Drop Point Hunter designed by D'holder. The tang, blade, and bolster are all one piece. I think that is kinda cool. It feels great in my hand. I think the Ram's Horn is really nice too. The knife has a super clean look since it has nothing stamped on the tang, blade, or bolster.

The box end has some numbers on it and I was hoping you folks could tell me what they mean. It has CSC-AGD78RH and Item #1796378 and 057. I believe 057 means it is number 57 out of 100. I guess the item number is Canal Street's way to identify this particular knife. Not sure what the other number is. I was wondering what steel it is made from and what year it was made in? I would appreciate any information you folks could give me. Here are a few pictures:
Larry
image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Tang,blade and bolster all one piece= integral style knife. Very nice. Since it's not stamped it's probably a fake and you should send it to me to get rid of.--:)--KV

RH May refer to a Right Hand sheath? I thought some of these were D2, but I certainly could be thinking of a different model...
Thanks, Neal

Use Google. All I did was search for “Canal Street Cutlery D’Holder” and got plenty of search results of that exact same pattern in various handle materials. That should give you all of the specifications you need.

Looks like the blade steel is 19C27 Sandvik.

Possibly the green label was from A G Russell being the distributor. Have seen them before but not sure of the origin.
I second the A.G. Russell thought. Those green stickers look familiar.
Call or email them and you'll get the information.
Very nice knife :thumbsup:

Great find. That is a really nice looking knife. I've always thought ram's horn was a very classy looking material and that knife proves it.

The box end has some numbers on it and I was hoping you folks could tell me what they mean. It has CSC-AGD78RH and Item #1796378 and 057. I believe 057 means it is number 57 out of 100. I guess the item number is Canal Street's way to identify this particular knife. Not sure what the other number is. I was wondering what steel it is made from and what year it was made in? I would appreciate any information you folks could give me. Here are a few pictures:
Larry

Nice grab, Larry. That's a beauty! Lots of great character in that horn.

The steel on these D'holder designed drop points is a stainless Sandvik 19c27. I don't know how long the pattern was in production, but I have an elk handled one that was made in 2012.

As others have said, CSC-AGD78RH is an AG Russel inventory label. And you're correct that 057 is the serial number, though it's impossible to say if they stopped production at exactly 100.

Item #1796378 is the CSC code for the knife. Below is the key for the CSC numbering system.

1st number from left (1 thru 9) = Number of Blades.
2nd number from left (1 thru 9) = Bolster material.
....1 = Nickel Silver
....2 = Brass
....3 = Stainless Steel
....4 = Sterling Silver
....5 = Gold
....6 = Titanium
....7 = Custom
3rd Number from left (1 thru 9) = Type of Blade Steel
....1 = 1095 high carbon
....2 = 420 high carbon
....3 = D2
....4 = BG 42
....5 = 440C
....6 = ATS 34
....7 = S30V
....8 = Stainless Damascus
....9 = Custom
4th Number from the left (1 thru 9) = Handle Material.
....1 = Natural Wood
....2 = Stabilized Wood
....3 = Stagged Bone
....4 = Smooth Bone
....5 = Patterned Bone
....6 = Natural Horn
....7 = Mother of Pearl
....8 = Blacklip Pearl
....9 = Custom
5th, 6th, & 7th Numbers from the left = Pattern Type.
....01 = Jack Knife
....02 = Stockman (medium square bolsters)
....03 = Stockman (large serpentine)
....04 = Trapper
....05 = Muskrat
....06 = Whittler
....07 = Swing Guard Lockback
....08 = Congress
....09 = Folding Hunter
....10 = Doctor’s Knife
....11 = Pen Knife
....12 = Rigid Skinning Knife
....13 = Rigid Drop Point
....14 thru 30 are reserved for future Canal Street patterns