Randall custom sheath? Peloza-type?

Ranger1

Gold Member
Recently, I acquired a very nice model 15 with a rough back sheath. I have owned many Randall knives over the years, but the 15 is my favorite.

Many years ago, I remember a Youngstown, Ohio based sheath maker named Peloza who made Randall sheaths that were riveted and had the original "canteen snap" closure. I have searched but it appears he is no longer in the business. I know he used eBay but it appears he is gone from there as well.

Any suggestions for a current maker of this type of sheath? I handled one of Peloza's sheaths at a gun show several years ago, and the quality was superb, so I'm hoping to find someone who can make the same design with the same snap.

Suggestions please…?
Thank you.

Those snaps are called “lift the dot” fasteners. You may have better luck searching using that name instead of canteen snap. Rivets are easy to add to a sheath.

Ranger1 said: "Thank you, but this is what I am looking for..."
Have you tried contacting them and asking? The Savage Sheaths website says:
"I make custom leather knife sheaths for almost any type of fixed blade knife. Along with my stock sheaths, I do custom orders for collectors for one of a kind and limited production knives. I can make a custom leather sheath for most any model of the Randall knife. If you find yourself in need of a sheath, contact me."

Mr. Savage replied promptly...

He said "Hi, sorry but I don't have the setter for the lift the dot fastener and really get no call for them."

I will keep looking for a Peloza sheath.

That’s a shame. I bet if he offered them, people would order them. It would be a nice upgrade. At least he got right back to you.

Back