Randall "Field" Knives pic thread

Indeed! Thanks for that Bob!

Attachments

• Stanton Lake 11.jpg
    Stanton Lake 11.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I'm in love with this little beauty! ;)

Stays sharp,
desmobob

The photo above was taken at Stanton Lake - this one at Snyder Lake, GNP...

Good times, great knives! :thumbup:

Attachments

• RMK 8-4.jpg
    RMK 8-4.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 17
Sam, it's a Model #1-8 'All-Purpose Fighting Knife' - and I think it was made ~late WWII, probably between '44 and early '46. :thumbup:

What is the difference "between '44 and early '46"? What would make it war time versus post war? How do you tell?

This is such a pattern with this guy, again and again and again. Makes a statement, a simple question is asked, and no answer. I thought this guy was the resident expert, the go to guy. He makes plenty of comments like he knows, but with no follow-up, no conversation, but most importantly, no answer.

Bob wrote: "The most work it did today was to trim back a few branches and whittle a sharp stick for getting Vienna Sausages out of the can at lunch time." Hey, that's a good start! :D

Bob wrote: "The most work it did today was to trim back a few branches and whittle a sharp stick for getting Vienna Sausages out of the can at lunch time." Hey, that's a good start! :D

I figure I'll break it in like a new car... take it easy at first... you know. :p

Next time out I'll take it up a notch and cut a roast beef sandwich in half; maybe even sharpen a pencil (one of those rugged #2 models).... By fall, she should be ready to field dress a whitetail with no worries. ;)

Stay sharp,
desmobob

And by spring you'll be playing mumblety-peg with it!:eek:

From experience I can tell you that sandy soil will do a pretty fair job of cleaning the stains off a carbon steel blade. And then you'll have an excuse to sharpen it.;)

Cheers!

Back