Randall Identification & Value

This is a family heirloom. Blade is 6 inches. Marked 2 lines;
RANDALL MADE
Orlando. FLA.

Has a sheath with sharpening stone, marked #46 on reverse with oval Randall logo. Any information is appreciated. Tang below hilt is stamped with my relatives 3 initials on reverse side. I can provide any other information that would help identify it, just let me know what I need to tell you about other details.

swhd500.JPG

Looks like a Model 3 or Model 4. Whats the blade length? I don't have a current price list , but I would say around $300. Go to www.randallknives.com You can request a catalog to be sent to you, with a price list. Knives can also be seen on their web sight.

It's a model #4 - 6" blade Big Game Skinner.

Current catalog price is $315, plus a 5 year wait.

It's a standard configuration carbon blade, brass hilt, RWB spacers, and aluminum butt.

Age is always a guess, but it would help a lot if you can post pictures of the sheath.

Knife and sheath would easily bring $400 on ebay.... maybe more.

Beautiful knife and a great family treasure.

Thank you both, for your opinions. As I stated in my initial post, it is a 6 inch blade. This particular knife is at least 40+ years old. My friend Chic Gaylord (holster maker and author of HANDGUNNERS GUIDE c.1960) purchased it back in the early-mid 1960's as a Christmas gift for my Uncle, an NYPD Detective, for hunting. Gaylord knew Bo Randall pretty well. He bought several of his knives after the Korean War and many more later on, for his Special Forces buddies during the very early Viet Nam era. I was fortunate to receive this one. I appreciate your replies. Although it is not for sale, and will never be in my lifetime, I wonder if this is a more common Randall variation/model (if any can be described as such) and not particularly valuable?

Although it is not for sale, and will never be in my lifetime, I wonder if this is a more common Randall variation/model (if any can be described as such) and not particularly valuable?

It's a standard configuration carbon blade, brass hilt, RWB spacers, and aluminum butt.

Can you post a picture of the sheath and stone?

Excellent condition...... the sheath and stone look perfect.

As I said, age is always a guess......

The stone looks like a solid white.... which is generally accepted as late 60's to early 70's.... the tight stitching on the Johnson sheath fits with the stone.

Yep, the stamp on the sheath is the model and blade number.

Great package.:thumbup:

Thank you very kindly for your prompt reply and kind assistance. The stone is solid white as you observe, and fits tightly in it's compartment. It does not appear to have been used and the knife's edge does not appear to have been sharpened after leaving the Randall shop. My Uncle carried a Puma White Hunter when he was afield hunting, never used this particular Randall. I do not have the original box. I assume these were shipped in a box. Can anyone display a photo of what I should be looking for?

BTW...if I can lend any assistance to other members concerning pre war S&W or Colt Revolvers, or vintage holsters, let me know. Alway's happy to help if I can.

bellcharteroak

BTW...if I can lend any assistance to other members concerning pre war S&W or Colt Revolvers, or vintage holsters, let me know. Alway's happy to help if I can

Would you know what year this mod 52 S&W, sn a435*** was made in. I dont know if it is pre war of what. Its in ex cond. Or better yet, know where I can look up s/n to date. thanks. BTW, they date the randalls by the number and thickness and color of the spacers. The older the knife, the better. The better the cond. the better the money. Stacked leather spacers are more common than stag. I would have it appraised if you are going to sell it. Or look on ebay

Back