• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Randall made Knives of Orlando Florida

I live in central Florida and made a visit to the Randall factory today. They started making custom knives since 1932. All fixed blades, wow they are amazing. Every one is made by hand. They have a 3 1/2 year back order. The fit and finish is amazing, they also have a museum that you can tour, very nice people. The whole operation is run by the sons..

Here is a link to there web site. www.randallknives.com

image.jpg
image.jpg

I live about twenty minutes from there and have long wanted to take the tour, but I just never seem to make it over there. I will have to check it out one of these days.

I was born in Orlando and I have lived within 150+- miles my whole life. I knew about the brand, and where they were made, but never knew there was a museum/tour. I will have to check it out!
Bruce

They must be catching up on their orders. Their back log 2 years ago was 5 years.

Great, now i'll somewhere to visit while my wife visits the outlets. Thanx driwash, seriously.

They hire new people when they can find the which, as you might imagine, is not easy. Maybe one day, they will get back to the point where they will have a few in the display case in the shop to sell to "walk ins" like they did in the early 90's. I have not been thee in years. I understand that they moved the museum to an old restored house on the property. The family still owns a chunk of the old ancestral orange grove land that is rather large, maybe as much as 50 acres, and likely very valuable considering how close in to the city it is.
They must be catching up on their orders. Their back log 2 years ago was 5 years.

jdm61--They have about 7 0r 8 in a display case that can be bought on site. The driveway into the factory is a long one, you can see where the orange groves used to be.

Great, now i'll somewhere to visit while my wife visits the outlets. Thanx driwash, seriously.

aranawhite, I feel your pain, my wife loves to shop also, I think that is why they built a Bass Pro shop across the street for the outlet stores in Orlando.

Welcome driwash. Glad to hear you discovered and appreciate Randall knives. I've been a believer since the early 80s. Great knives and great people behind them. :thumbup:

Here's my Model 5...

IMG_2136.jpg

I put an order in sometime during 2012. Hopefully by 2017 my order will be fulfilled. It's been so long, I don't remember what knife I purchased. Guess it will be a surprise.

jdm61--They have about 7 0r 8 in a display case that can be bought on site....
Cool. I bought a cut down tang Model 14 with a stag handle back in like 1993 out of the case. That is a kind of rare bird. Too bad I traded it and a couple of others, including my favorite, a Model 15 with the Border patrol handle, years ago to Gulf Breeze Pistol Parlor for a pre '64 Winchester Model 70. The rifle had issues. As for the orange grove, there is another 20 plus acres behind and off to the left of the shop. :eek:

If anyone is ever passing through Golden Colorado, the Spyderco company store had 5-6 on display and for sale..they said they get them and they sell quick though

Thanks to this thread,yesterday for first time I looked up into Randall website and I was so much surprised! For some reason, I thought Randall factory has ceased to make a knives.(Sorry,but I was never interested much in Randalls)

That company is offering so many combination of knives,it's hard to believe.I think money invested into these knives are always safe and even increasing with age.I was expecting way higher prices to be honest.Beautiful selection of all kinds and shapes and sizes of knives.Pay 50 bucks deposit and wait for 4 years, sounds like interesting deal :) never heard of such a back-log ever! fantastic looking bowies, gorgeous! Thanks for this post here

There are a few Randall knives I would love to have for sure. Just never pulled the trigger.

I'd like one of the little boot knives, and then one of the larger fighter/bowies with micarta and a silver guard.

Damnit.. I know where I can find that second one. Stay strong...

I put an order in sometime during 2012. Hopefully by 2017 my order will be fulfilled. It's been so long, I don't remember what knife I purchased. Guess it will be a surprise.

I'm with you....I think I have 3 on order, can't remember exactly what....

Must have been a great take and I had no idea they had a few available for purchase. Cool thread!

I've thought about a model 1 or 2 for years.

In the bottom pic, what knife is bottom left?

I'm with you....I think I have 3 on order, can't remember exactly what....

Seriously? :eek: That's nuts. I wouldn't wait that long for a women, let alone a knife... :p

Back