Random Thought Thread

03rpcux.jpg

Random

If you ever get picked up by the IRS for audit the first thing the auditor will ask for is a copy of your tax return. The reason they ask for a copy is because they don’t have one. Oregon is the same way. I’ve always found this really weird because we are all required to file forms they don’t keep or even have much access to. I’ve been told they have the information but it’s not readable on their end and hard to follow because they don’t have the tax forms.

Anyway, probably only interesting to an accountant.

Random

If you ever get picked up by the IRS for audit the first thing the auditor will ask for is a copy of your tax return. The reason they ask for a copy is because they don’t have one. Oregon is the same way. I’ve always found this really weird because we are all required to file forms they don’t keep or even have much access to. I’ve been told they have the information but it’s not readable on their end and hard to follow because they don’t have the tax forms.

Anyway, probably only interesting to an accountant.

They lost it ....

When I got my green card, I had to be finger-printed twice. They lost the prints the first time ...

They lost it ....

When I got my green card, I had to be finger-printed twice. They lost the prints the first time ...

That's actually really encouraging. We all worry about and fear government power, but I think the reality is it's largely incompetent bureaucracies that can't keep up with stuff and have trouble connecting dots.

That's actually really encouraging. We all worry about and fear government power, but I think the reality is it's largely incompetent bureaucracies that can't keep up with stuff and have trouble connecting dots.
They just want you to think that...

:eek:

(No, they really can be pretty far off the mark...usually to your detriment, however.)

Snow, snow, snow, snow!

That is all.

Additional random
"Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" (also known as "Let It Snow!") is a holiday oriented song that is played during the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years holidays' season, although it does not mention any holiday within the lyrics. It was originally written by Sammy Cahn."

Ours is fun because it is here an gone and no one actually expects you to leave your house. (unless like you are important) 😅 I'm looking forward to a nice book in front of the fireplace. :)
I just hope the damned power stays on. I won't want to try to get up my steep driveway to the half-ass gravel road. (But I'm pretty sure the 4Runner will be up to it if I clear some of the snow that will accumulate at the bottom of the drive.)

Additional random
"Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" (also known as "Let It Snow!") is a holiday oriented song that is played during the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years holidays' season, although it does not mention any holiday within the lyrics. It was originally written by Sammy Cahn."
In this thread, we've recently gone through how 'phrasing' matters.

Organization and Kerning matters too 😂
FHD1hneXwA8_uY8.jpg

Back