Random Thought Thread

Hummingbirds are so cool!
A moose followed me into my garage hoping for carrots or apples and would not leave. I had to back her out pushing her muzzle. My wife was watching and stayed calm as she always does with large critters. 🤣Thankfully most of my moose encounters have been great.

A guy got killed here by a moose yesterday- got close taking a photo.
I had a bird get itself stuck in my barn the other day. Was able to grab it with a net and get it outside before it battered itself to death on a window. Screenshot of it from a movie I took to show my kids.

Attachments

• IMG_8557.png
    IMG_8557.png
    345 KB · Views: 1
Good to hear! I saw IA got hit by tornadoes on our local news. I believe you’re the only one I know in IA!

Glad you are okay!!!!
Thanks!

Yeah a little ways west of here got hit hard. A small town of around 2000 people and about 75% of the homes in town were without roofs or flattened. Im surprised there wasn't several killed, but haven't heard of any deaths there yet. That may change by tomorrow. It hit the hospital there and did some damage, but didn't destroy it thankfully.

JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45 and any CPK brethren up that way, yall ok?

Ok here. Have some tree damage and a couple pieces of siding to replace, but the worst missed us here. 👍

Good to hear JJ, my prayers go out for all my Bladeforums family when bad weather is in the forecast for any of you folks 🙏

I’ve got my remote property (all wooded) up in Northern WI and they are getting slammed pretty hard this evening /tonight.

I’m sure I’m going to lose dozens of older mature trees from this storm system, as are my nearby neighbors too.

The major problem I have is the sandy soil, hardy any black firm soil at all to hold the root systems down.

When trees blow over there, the entire root clump ball is only 4-5 foot deep, but could be 15-20 feet around including its feeder roots. Looks like bomb craters in the aftermath with what it pulls up when they (trees) blow over.

Lots of cleanup on the horizon I foresee.

Good to hear JJ, my prayers go out for all my Bladeforums family when bad weather is in the forecast for any of you folks 🙏

I’ve got my remote property (all wooded) up in Northern WI and they are getting slammed pretty hard this evening /tonight.

I’m sure I’m going to lose dozens of older mature trees from this storm system, as are my nearby neighbors too.

The major problem I have is the sandy soil, hardy any black firm soil at all to hold the root systems down.

When trees blow over there, the entire root clump ball is only 4-5 foot deep, but could be 15-20 feet around including its feeder roots. Looks like bomb craters in the aftermath with what it pulls up when they (trees) blow over.

Lots of cleanup on the horizon I foresee.
Thank you! I have a brother up in Wisconsin and they had some rough weather tonight too, but no tornados close to him thankfully. I hope you don't have too much damage.

I hate to see the damage and losses of family momentos that can't be replaced. I'm very thankfully lives weren't lost, but it's sad when things that can never be replaced are lost.

We have a couple truck loads of guys taking some saws and equipment over to help get cleanup moving tomorrow. I know if roles were reversed we'd have folks coming here to give us a hand so it's the least we can do.

Roasted pig foot, potatoe dumpling and "Dunkles" for dinner in downtown Munich yesterday. Wish I'd have a decent knife to cut it :)

2024052206201946--439472090039614381-X2.jpg

Back