Random Thought Thread

Uncle Matty bids 30 CPK (Now 31 CPK's) :p

Alas not mine :( but the turd-blossom who was lucky enough to order it when Nathan was just a nipper and no so busy, was recommended by no other than yours truly to hit Nathan up for a special project... At first, he really wanted a Samurai sword from Japan (true story).

I may have to wait 5 years or so if I last that long for Nathan to throw me a bone... Sniff Sniff!

P.S. I also got ahead of myself by stating that I "have" 30 CPks in case anyone of you yahoos want to conduct a burglary... The truth is that I currently own 26 CPK cutlery pieces but will hopefully have all 30 by the time all my preorders are fulfilled.

Last edited:
I would like to visit Australia, but having grown up in rural Alaska, I (like most tundra folk) am a mite bug-phobic. Australia scares me.

enhanced-10953-1448412134-6.png

Unknown.jpg

I think that I would prefer to take my chances in Australia. :D

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about but I'm glad to see you back on the forum Matty

Switching from beer to scotch has two kinds of effects:

Temporary loss of some cognitive grasp followed up by sharper wits as you leisurely allow your scotch to settle :D

CPK sub-forum is my chosen online family. I’ll never be gone for too long if I had a choice in the matter :)

Holy Smoly, that is one large tool set! Mike

Between machining the dagger and machining the fixture I used 25 slots of the 30 tool carousel. Of those tools, 12 were consumed and replaced during the 32 hours of spindle time, so this project has used 37 tools and I haven't even started the scales yet. The starting stock weighed a little over 24 pounds and is now down to 1 pound 6 ounces. There's a good reason people don't make knives this way, it's probably the most ridiculous project of its nature that I've undertaken, but it does allow something that is pretty unique.

20190420_133318.jpg

Back