Random Thought Thread

Fonedork Fonedork This one made me think of you...(I wish I had come up with it)

IMG_4840.jpeg

Is it there yet?
(I guess not, we would have heard)
I imagine he is shoveling gravel into a bucket as we speak.
...there's a lot of other knives that could handle the same chores as my other CPKs but when it comes to zombies or buckets of gravel there can be only one🤷‍♂️😂
Ya' gotta do it now, Chip, a zombie or a bucket of gravel before sundown or you lose all credibility.😈

Yesterday, I made a tongue-in-cheek remark regarding the Keffeler that I didn't have a large enough bench stone.

Out of curiosity, what is the largest CPK that folks feel comfortable sharpening with a bench or hand held stone?

What about a manual system like an Edge Pro or other jig...but not a powered system using belts?

Curious how some of you contend with the larger pieces when they need maintenance.

Yesterday, I made a tongue-in-cheek remark regarding the Keffeler that I didn't have a large enough bench stone.

Out of curiosity, what is the largest CPK that folks feel comfortable sharpening with a bench or hand held stone?

What about a manual system like an Edge Pro or other jig...but not a powered system using belts?

Curious how some of you contend with the larger pieces when they need maintenance.
Atoma 8x3 plates handle all my big stuff, should be fine on the K18 too...not the first sword I've sharpened🤷‍♂️

Atoma 8x3 plates handle all my big stuff, should be fine on the K18 too...not the first sword I've sharpened🤷‍♂️
Thanks, that's good to know. I've considered adding the Atoma line to my DMT and various other diamond hones, plated and bonded.

I think I might be somewhat daunted by a CPK over 12" though. (I regularly sharpen a 12" machete I use around the property...generally without resorting to a bench stone, but that doesn't have to be done with great precision.)

My primary concern would be maintaining precise bevels on the Keffeler if I owned one.

The longest blade I sharpen is a 29" Austrian scythe I maintain my yards with...but it's a pretty simple procedure due to the way the blade is constructed.

Back