RASUL by Knife Research

finally something has appeared ...
here he is in stone-washed version of the G10 available in 3 colors.
some things are still to be fixed ...
To emphasize the holding of the edge we took the hardness to about 63hrc because this steel able to keep good resilience even at high hardness by virtue of accurate treatments that are being made.

CIMG5146.jpg

CIMG5145.jpg

CIMG5144.jpg

CIMG5143.jpg

CIMG5142.jpg

If you want a comparison with well known steel, Uddeholm Arne is almost O1

see comparison chart p10:
http://www.uddeholm.com/files/PB_Uddeholm_vanadis_23_english.pdf

Also, from the charts, it's considered AISI M3, except that doesn't take into account Uddeholm specific processes (like PM and all)

Surprised Uddeholm doesn't market their Viking/Chipper as knife steel since those have been quite praised. I'm under the impression they mostly have folders in mind.

And Rigor is like A2 and Sverker 21 is similar to D2 right?
This gives a nice reference.

Yes I'm looking for quite some time for knives in Viking steel.
Very hard to find :(

Last edited:
I'm doing tests with various finishes including polished g10.
After the holidays in August I should be able to finish something ...

Are these shipped right away when bought?
I ask because I need to have it delivered before 27th of august

If not I'll wait to see if other finishes will be available.

I do not think now able to ship packages other than those I have already done.
Shipments will resume after August 28, sorry.:(

Thought I'd throw in my two cents here. I ordered and received my Rasul when they were first available and am very pleased with it. I ordered it with the black handle and satin finished blade. I'd include pictures, but the ones posted in this thread are far better than any I'd take. For me, it's just an overall solid, functional, and very pleasing knife. The fit and finish are great. It came sharp (can do "S" turns through printer paper) and is comfortable in my hand and to use. I have medium sized hands so if you've got large hands, you may want to add some spacers to the handle slabs. I think the handle screws may have 3mm Allen (spelling?) sockets - seems to fit pretty closely. They are tight and I don't want to run the risk of stripping them at this point. Admittedly, I'm a light weight user so no torture tests here. I've used it for a bit if everything from outdoor food prep., cutting light rope and cardboard, to creating some shavings for starting a fire and have not touched the edge yet. Given the stated Rockwell hardness and the steel used, I'd expect the edge to hold up for a good amount of time. As mentioned earlier in this thread, a polished handle would be pretty nice looking. The leather sheaths seem to be well made also. Thanks. Mike

Last edited:
Back