Rat 2 or kabar dozier

What opinions are there between these 2 knives ? Ive owned the rat 2 its a great knife. I know the dozier has a good reputation. Needing a small edc for work,and a budget folder will do great.i carry a knockout and a vantage avid but they are a little large at times. What are everyones opinions

The Rat 2, especially in D2 is a much better knife, in my opinion. The steel is gonna perform significantly better than the Dozier.

That RAT II in D2 will cost you double what the Kabar will. And, if you choose the RAT II in Aus 8, then the RAT II is much more comparable to the Kabar. I would choose the RAT II in any case, as I've owned a few and like them.
I have NOT owned or held the Kabar.
The Kabar blade is a bit thicker in the spine, but has a nice hollow grind so that both it and the thinner flat-ground RAT II should be good slicers.
Both knives are rated very closely, so you will likely be happy with either one in AUS 8...if comparing apples to apples.

I have both,if weight and pocket feel are important get the kabar you'll forget your carrying it ,the rat I have never warmed up to it feels a little clunky.... both have decent heat treats so that's a plus for both.

I also have both (even though I gave the Dozier to my daughter). The Rat 2 is a "nicer" knife in much the same way as a Para 3 is a "nicer" knife as compared to a Delica. Both are very good budget knives with the Dozier being a few dollars cheaper so you can beat the hell out of it and not really care.

They are so cheap you don’t really have to choose between them. I am more likely to pick up the Rat 2, however.

Since you had a Rat2 I'd get the Dozier.
I took the clip and opening stud off mine and carry it in my pocket.
The design and ergos remind me of a kephart. Nice functional knife.

I like both, the dozier was a really nice slicer. It feels like a pocket Kephart. The rat 2 has more security to the handle, IMO, but the dozier is nicer for larger hands.

Other than that, personal preferences on each and I think they're both amazing values for what they are. I would almost say, pick the one that you like the looks of best because they're both going to work really well for EDC.

The dozier is a hollow-grind with a midline tip and the rat 2 is a FFG with a high tip, if that matters. I find I poke myself more with those that have higher tips, especially when working in cold environments and being in a rush (aka, getting careless).

I only have the Dozier, but I love it. Great design across the board, easy to work with AUS-8, cut a hole though drywall with it once, no problem.

They’re both great knives. There’s no way you can go wrong. They both have excellent ergonomics. Both are better than they should be for their cost. Just pick the one that looks better to you and put it to work.

Just get a delica LOL

Seriously though, either one is awesome. I think dozier is lighter? Might be better that way, but the rat 2 is probably a smidgen better on the quality side. But then again, the dozier has more colors..then again, the dozier probably feels a bit better in the hand, then again...man i dont know, buy them both lol

I'd get both in aus8 good knives for different tasks and scenarios.

The Rat is a decent knife and I can see why people like it. However, I don't like the way it feels in my hand so it's not good for me.

The Dozier is great for what it is. You get to turn a $20 bill into a reliable, light-weight knock-around that works fairly well. It stays shut for loose carry in a pocket, tackle box, glove compartment, etc. I don't worry about getting it wet or dirty. It's easy to clean. The blade is easy to sharpen. There's not much to go wrong with it. If I lose it, oh well.

I used to own the Ka-Bar and I own a RAT1 & 2.

I would say the ergonomics of the Ka-Bar are better but, the Rat offers better materials and workmanship.

I personally like the Ka-Bar Dozier 4065 model. Check it out.

Back