Rat-5 and TAK differences?

So call me a noob, and I'll agree. Haven't had much experience with fixed blades, though that's gonna change. Anyway, I was comparison shopping, and it seems the TAK is cheaper than the RAT-5, with the only difference I could see is the glass breaker, and possibly a different sheath. Could anyone clarify, and which is better? Thanks all.
Zero

For bushcraft I would go with the TAK-1 because of the blade profile. For bushcraft and/or more tactical or more survival related senarios I would go with the RAT-5 (has a sheath with a small pouch for firestarting tools)

Overall you can't go wrong with both. They are great knives, and perform very well. I think the TAK-1 will perform better for smaller tasks, and the RAT-5 for bigger tasks. All has to do with the blade profile.

CZ

I love the TAK. The more I use it the more I wish the handle was more comfortable. So wait and get yourself an RC-4. It will be more user friendly. Less bulk than the TAK and RAT-5. Soon they will be flooding the forums and maybe sold out so better get one before its too late!

I have and love both - I like the large choil on the RAT5. I like the handle better on the RAT5. If you're getting a combo edge, I prefer the serrations on the TAK to the small serrations on the RAT5. Both are great knives.

DSCN0494.jpg

Back