RAT " basic map and compass "

I downloaded the basic map and compass power point off the ESEE web page and i have to say it covers these basic navigation skills better than anything else i have read. It's very easy to follow. It is especially nice considering it's free.

Actually updated it a bit since. Just haven't posted the new one up yet.

Is it on the knife page or jungle training? I had no luck finding it on the RATTraining one

All kinds of good info on the ESEE site. I have picked up several useful bit of knowledge there and here on the forum.

I really like the simplified navigation. I bought a book on navigation and made it like 1/4 of the way in to it because it was written in such a complex manner that you would have to have above average navigation skills just to understand it.

All kinds of good info on the ESEE site. I have picked up several useful bit of knowledge there and here on the forum.

I really like the simplified navigation. I bought a book on navigation and made it like 1/4 of the way in to it because it was written in such a complex manner that you would have to have above average navigation skills just to understand it.

Same here. You put that power point in a waterproof notebook format and to own a copy I will pay more than it is worth. :D

I have recommended the map and compass information on the ESEE site to several of my team members. I train land nav for our Emergency Response Team and tell members who are uncertain in this skill to reference the site to help them get better at it.

Mike

Actually updated it a bit since. Just haven't posted the new one up yet.

On slide 11, you used a cut out map section of central Utah near Panguitch, UT. Did you just pick that map randomly or have you been in that area before. I worked out there for two years.

The .ppt file format is a little troublesome. Are there any particularly useful animations or other things that specifically require Powerpoint?

If not, it might be a good idea to offer alternative file formats.

NAV skills are often overlooked, this should be a good resource for those looking to learn.

It really is a GREAT power point for basic map and compass navigation! Having been through many navigation courses that's the best and most easily understandable that I've seen. They did a great job on that!

Back