RAT RC-6 sheath with RAT Firekit loop?

I've sent a couple of emails already but no responses yet.

What I'm thinking about is a plain black leather right-handed sheath with a 2" belt loop possibly with a dangler attachment for a RAT Cutlery RC-6 and a double loop to hold a RAT Firekit. By double loop I mean a larger loop to hold the body with a smaller loop underneath to hold the firesteel. The lower loop would have to extend out a little to make up for the extra distance caused by the body of the firekit.

Does anyone make something like this? I saw a lot of people advertising Busse sheaths but not much said about RAT sheaths.

Thanks for your time!!

I've got an RC-6 on the way, but not one of those fire kits, how big is the handle on it? If its really big it might be a little cumbersome on the spine of the sheath.

I might be able to piggyback one of those kits on to my knife order.

Body is 1" diameter, with an overall length of 4.25". That's including the firesteel. Weight is 2.5 oz.

On RAT's site is a downloadable spec sheet that gives the sizes if that helps any.

Very cool! Thank you very much for the info. We have make inquiries at our supplier and should know if we have one coming with our RC-6 very soon. I would hedge a bet that one is on the way. ;)

Knowing our equipment pimp, there will be one there. She is very good at enabling our addiction. :D

Cool. Let me know and we'll see what you think and pricing and such. I'm not in a huge hurry and not even sure if I want to go this route at the moment.

Hey Stormstaff, thanks for bringing this back to the top for a reminder. I have both knife and fire steel in hand now and haven't had the chance to mess with them a whole lot yet. I do think there's a good chance that your idea will work for the spine loops, one for the body and possibly one for the steel. I'm not sure how tough the misch metal is but it seems to be a good idea to cover it with leather. More to come as I get the things patterned out and see what works and what doesnt.

That fire steel is huge! :eek: Compared to my Swedish fire steel.

That fire steel is huge! :eek: Compared to my Swedish fire steel.

Ya and there looks to be a lot of room inside for tinder too.

Have you tried it yet? I've heard that misch metal doesn't just throw sparks, it throws little lava balls.

Sorry for the delay, heres the sheath all mocked up and ready for stitching. The fire steel doesnt look too big at all, I was a little surprised. :)

rc6withfire.jpg

Back