Ratmandu variants

954Ink

Gold Member
Ahoy. A few months ago I decided to start something without knowing how deep this hole would get. I'm trying to acquire all of the RMD variants. This has lead me into discovering that there is a lot more variants than I was aware of. Below is a list of what I've discovered. Can any other Rats tell me if I'm missing something. Thank you.

Variants I'm aware of:
Beefmandu
Swatmandu
Infimandu
Crabmandu
Jackmandu
Bowie
Harpoon
Flying Ratmandu
Mega
Penetrator tip- Tanto
Half sharpened spine
Double edged
Ratchutemandu / chutemandu

Ratmandeux - convex, satin, top guard and slightly longer blade

There was a 300 run of RMD LE which was satin with black paper micarta

SOS - Son of Swatmandu scaled down

And a few (kinda custom order) drop point RMDs

Son of swat isn't really a scaled down swatmandu, regardless of the name; but, if memory serves, it's pretty much a mini RMD.

I agree.
S9brCKY

Son of Swat- LE https://imgur.com/a/S9brCKY

Son of swat isn't really a scaled down swatmandu, regardless of the name; but, if memory serves, it's pretty much a mini RMD.
Just before my phone died, I looked up the swatmandu - it was closer to the son of swat than I remembered. Maybe I was thinking of something else, or saw a custom version with more features than the fuller that I disliked.

Ratmandeux - convex, satin, top guard and slightly longer blade

There was a 300 run of RMD LE which was satin with black paper micarta

SOS - Son of Swatmandu scaled down

And a few (kinda custom order) drop point RMDs

I have a RMD LE and am pretty sure they're black g-10?

Is anyone else excited to get their mega ratmandus shipped? I bought two rat wardens and a grab bag to ease the anticipation. Lol.

Which one on the list is this one?
View attachment 1411639

That would be (most likely) a one off show (Blade, Knob Creek) Custom Shop piece... you know the 'after hours "tea time"' special when hands get a bit too shaky to grind the regular versions...

So, to answer your question, it would not even make the list

Seems it would be a variant on the "standard" or "classic" RMD. It's coated, no mention of INFI, so likely SR-101, and has a saber grind. The big difference is the penetrator tip.

Back