Ratmandu verification?

Last edited:
It looks correct to me.

I’m actually not aware of any realistic “clones” of Bussekin, but I suppose it’s only a matter of time before someone tries… 🙁

It looks correct to me.

I’m actually not aware of any realistic “clones” of Bussekin, but I suppose it’s only a matter of time before someone tries… 🙁

Thanks for the reassurance! In any case, it's a knife that feels good in the hand that I'll be happy to put to use

Knife looks legit, but that logo looks like they cut it on a Friday after 4:00. Got any sharper closeups of just that? This is how it should look:

1708045725259.jpeg

I’ve had a ton of RMDs and it’s real, no worries. Just want a better look at that logo. Come with a sheath or no?

Ha, that was the only point of 'concern' on my end; that's about as clear as the logo gets (i.e. not an artifact of bad photography, it's just not very clear). Here's another closeup. Nope, no sheath.

Knife looks legit, but that logo looks like they cut it on a Friday after 4:00. Got any sharper closeups of just that? This is how it should look:

View attachment 2496974

I’ve had a ton of RMDs and it’s real, no worries. Just want a better look at that logo. Come with a sheath or no?

Ha, that was the only point of 'concern' on my end; that's about as clear as the logo gets (i.e. not an artifact of bad photography, it's just not very clear). Here's another closeup. Nope, no sheath.

Huh. That thing shouldn’t have passed QC like that, but I’m confident it’s legit. If it was mine, I’d strip it without even attempting to etch that mess of a logo, and sand it til she’s purty.

Huh. That thing shouldn’t have passed QC like that, but I’m confident it’s legit. If it was mine, I’d strip it without even attempting to etch that mess of a logo, and sand it til she’s purty.
Any advice on how to go about stripping it? I dunno if I'll do it anytime soon, but on the off chance that I decide to give it a go

Any advice on how to go about stripping it? I dunno if I'll do it anytime soon, but on the off chance that I decide to give it a go
Sure, no problem.

To strip the coating, get thee to Walmart or Home Depot and get some of this stuff:

1707442503382.jpeg

What I do is get an old sheet pan and make a small foil “boat” on top. Just barely big enough for the knife to lay down in. Pour in a bunch of stripper, lay the knife down in it, pour more on top covering it completely top and bottom, pinch the foil shut, wait about 30 minutes.

When you open it up, scrape the coating off with a plastic butter knife or something similar. With that stripper the coating sloughs right off. After you get all of the coating off that you can, wash it with dish soap.

Next step is to get some 3M green scotchbrite pads. Rub any exposed parts of the blade except the edge. Do the spine all the way around. After that, polish it up with some 0000 steel wool. Presto - purty knife.

Thanks a bunch! Does the paint remover hurt the micarta at all?

Sure, no problem.

To strip the coating, get thee to Walmart or Home Depot and get some of this stuff:

1707442503382.jpeg

What I do is get an old sheet pan and make a small foil “boat” on top. Just barely big enough for the knife to lay down in. Pour in a bunch of stripper, lay the knife down in it, pour more on top covering it completely top and bottom, pinch the foil shut, wait about 30 minutes.

When you open it up, scrape the coating off with a plastic butter knife or something similar. With that stripper the coating sloughs right off. After you get all of the coating off that you can, wash it with dish soap.

Next step is to get some 3M green scotchbrite pads. Rub any exposed parts of the blade except the edge. Do the spine all the way around. After that, polish it up with some 0000 steel wool. Presto - purty knife.

Lol, knew that was coming and thought about including it in the instructional post but didn’t.

No, it won’t hurt it. At all. It doesn’t affect micarta or G10 in any way. Doesn’t discolor it, soften it, does nothing whatsoever other than strip the coating. Super simple and the results speak for themselves.

Before (knife on the left, of course):

1708049709260.jpeg

After:

1708049640842.jpeg

Back