Read this if you need to mail me work

Status
Not open for further replies.

STR

Knifemaker/Moderator
Please note I do not work on automatic knives or balisongs so please do not mail those types of knives to me. I no longer work on fixed blades also referred to as sheath knives. Unless it is really a simple fix I will always refer out most of the slip joint work coming my way as well as any other pinned type folders because I don't enjoy working on them for repairs and no longer own some of the tools associated with cutler work of that type so if this is what you have please touch base with me for a list of names of some folks I have referred to in the past that may be able to help you with those type of knives. I no longer do any scale work to replace your scales but I do have a contact for you for someone that does and does it very well so don't let my turning that type job down discourage you. I also no longer offer any frame lock conversions for liner locking folders. I have not even been doing any conversions like this for myself so if that is what you had in mind save yourself the trouble of asking me to do it but again don't be discouraged. I have recommendations there also. Doing frame lock conversions could easily be a full time job and the problem with that is that I don't want a part time job let alone a full time one. :D What I want is to do my hobby playing with knives and to having fun. I want to focus most of my work these days on my low rider pocket clip custom made to fit your folders as well as other pocket clip work replacing broken or lost ones or refashioning a new copy out of titanium. I also like and will continue doing the various pry bars for the keyring called my mini ti pry. So, a pocket clip or pry bar, Wave mod, jimping your folder for some added traction, anodizing something for you or bead blasting it or something else like that now and then is great so long as its not an everyday thing. This will allow me the time I need to focus on my hand built folders, clips and pry bars which have taken a back seat for far too long to all the production manufactured knife work I've been doing.

The truth is guys that I don't do this for the money and I don't need the money or the stress. I also enjoy doing the smaller jobs and helping you guys out if I can get something done and in and out of here for folks without breaking my back or breaking the bank so the nickel and dime stuff is really fine with me and that falls in line with this being a hobby. Really all I'm trying to cover is the cost of the materials and electricity and shipping on most all of what I do. I'm not looking at this as an income and it certainly doesn't pay the bills around here. In the future all I plan to do is maybe a few custom knives of my own now and then just to keep my hand at it. My main goal is to keep this just a hobby and enjoy retirement with my wife while we can still afford to do it. I don't want it to get so busy that I'm feeling like its a job. I hope that comes off in a good way. Thanks for understanding. See below for getting a work order to me.

STR

Last edited:
For an easy PDF print out of the work order form click this link and scroll down to download this file and then when the timer ticks down then click on start download and then when it pulls up the small window click on run or open depending on what your system shows. It will pull up Adobe Reader and the form. Once up simply type in and answer the questions, then print by clicking the icon top left of screen in the newest version of Adobe. Once all information is on there simply mail completed form with the knife to the address on the form. One form per knife please.

If the link doesn't work you can copy and paste the form to an email fill it out and email it to yourself and print that or click on the number two for post count and isolate this post only and once printed fill it out manually. Please be sure to use the notes section to explain things you are having problems with or what you need me to look at folks. If you are not wanting a pocket clip detail out what it is you are wanting. Mostly this form is to help me discern who you are. If you contact me with a screen name and I get a knife a week later from you with a return address that is your real name I have no way of associating the screen name with your real one without this form.

Also, very important. The form must be included with the knife. Do not email me the form or mail it ahead of the knife since that really doesn't help me. The idea of these forms is to prevent getting knives with no paper work so I'm not having to drop everything I'm doing and run the 300 paces from the shop to my computer to spend countless minutes or more searching out emails or names hoping to find you. The form must be with the knives guys. Thanks

http://www.yuntaa.com/FileManager/Download.aspx?ContentID=52E030C97E8122C9E04400144FB7B71E

1)You contacted me by
a) email
1) email address ____________________________
b) private message on a forum
1) if forum which forum___________________
c) phone
1) phone number ________________________

2)Your Screen name for the forum is -_________________________

3)Your real name is _____________________________

4)Make and model folder to be worked on is a

5)Detail of the work order for your pocket clip you wish me to make for you. (If not a clip skip to #8)
a) right hand tip up carry
b) right hand tip down carry
c) left hand tip up carry
d) left hand tip down carry

6) Type of pocket clip you want
a) low rider
b) standard non low rider style

7) Finish choice
a) bead blasted
b) anodized a color. (state color)______________________

8) Address you wish the folder returned to and contact info. just in case I need to reach you: Please be sure I can read this.

9) How do you want me to mail it back?
a)USPS Priority
b)USPS 1st Class
c)UPS
d)Other ___________________

10) Do you want additional insurance above $200?
a Yes
b no

11) Do you need signiture confirmation
a)yes
b)no

12) Payment Method you wish to use when I'm all done with your work order?
a) Pay Pal
b) cash
c) money order made out to Steve Rice
d) personal check made out to Steve Rice

Additional comments or details here: If it is something other than a pocket clip explain here or use additional sheet of paper if you need more space.
If you have pictures or drawings of what it is you have in mind that can help me understand better please attach those with this form once its completed.
__________________________________________________ _______________

When form is completed mail it and your knife (knives) to
STRsBYKWs
4006 Woodville Road
Bartlesville OK 74006-6740

Email/Pay Pal address: STRsbackyardknifeworksatgmail.com (remember to replace 'at' with @ before trying to submit or send email)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back