Real vs. Fake Anthem

How can you tell if a Benchmade (781) Anthem is real? Are there any obvious things to look for when trying to spot a fake? Someone on another site is selling an Anthem, but he doesn't have a lot of experience as a seller, so I'm a little worried.

I don't think fakes of the 781 are in existence just yet. It's a hard knife to fake with the integral handle and axis spring mechanism.

If there truly isn't fake Anthems then there will be soon, it won't be long. They have an entire industry of "high end" counterfeits. For example they built a counterfeit integral Ti handled "strider" SnG before an official integral SnG ever existed? (Not sure if they built an official one yet)

I don't think fakes of the 781 are in existence just yet. It's a hard knife to fake with the integral handle and axis spring mechanism.
If there aren't any fakes yet, that makes this really easy for me. Can anyone else verify this?

Last edited:
Haven't seen any yet but please keep your eye out as usual. As Honed_Edge said it will be very difficult to fake.

As ApostleP or Nick Shabazz (but I think the former) pointed out, it's no harder for a CNC machine to carve out an integral than a multi-piece design, so why is it so hard to forge this? Couple that with the high price point, and I'm surprised (but happy) they haven't done it, already.

As ApostleP or Nick Shabazz (but I think the former) pointed out, it's no harder for a CNC machine to carve out an integral than a multi-piece design, so why is it so hard to forge this? Couple that with the high price point, and I'm surprised (but happy) they haven't done it, already.
Because the way benchmade does takes a long time to make it.

Not true. The integral handle is much more complex machining with the tolerances we are trying to hold.

Not true. The integral handle is much more complex machining with the tolerances we are trying to hold.
I'm not asking for trade secrets, but it's not a midtech, right? It's still made by a machine, isn't it? I must be missing something, but hey, if it stops counterfeiting, that's good.

I know this thread is almost 2 years old.... but i searched "fake anthem" on the forum after receiving my fake anthem today... :rolleyes:
Just letting you guys and Benchmade Benchmade know.... Of course it was from sleazebay.

im curious what you paid for it?
225.... He had it listed at 275 which was shady to begin with. I threw out the offer and it was accepted right away. at that point I knew for sure, I figured maybe I'd get a rock in the mail. Either way, eBay should have my back and the guy already accepted my return and sent me a label. Classy fella.

im curious what you paid for it?
I paid 53.00 on eBay description is it is not titanium it is aluminum I have a real anthem and was curios as to the quality of the nockoff so I ordered it . The knife is much lighter and the color is lighter the blade indicates 20CV and is the same type of finish as the real one it is smooth opening and closing and the axis lock spring is the same as the real one the grip is 2 pieces with the seam down the right side of the grip . The clip is identical to the real one . I am curious to see how this is going to hold up as an everyday carry

Well, I know that this is an old thread but I just received one of those fake "Benchmade 781 Anthems"
Calling them out, here and now. Don't be a sucker, like I was.
I paid $126 on https://www.benchmadestore.com

I had never seen a real 781 but the moment that I unboxed this, I knew it wasn't a 781 or anything made by Benchmade.
First clue was the color. Silver. Well, aluminum to be precise. Second clue was that the handle was 2 pieces.
The action was stiff, the blade was not centered, there was play in the blade.
The blade was dull and the axis lock was very rough.

I was very disappointed and looked it up on YouTube. Found a review by a guy who bought the fake, knowing it was a fake, for $40.
His performed much better than mine, in every respect.
Mine is marked with a Butterfly and 20CV but otherwise is exactly like his.

I emailed Benchmade to let them know about the fraudulent website that was cloning their website.
I emailed the seller to request a refund. We will see how that goes...

Well, I know that this is an old thread but I just received one of those fake "Benchmade 781 Anthems"
Calling them out, here and now. Don't be a sucker, like I was.
I paid $126 on https://www.benchmadestore.com

I had never seen a real 781 but the moment that I unboxed this, I knew it wasn't a 781 or anything made by Benchmade.
First clue was the color. Silver. Well, aluminum to be precise. Second clue was that the handle was 2 pieces.
The action was stiff, the blade was not centered, there was play in the blade.
The blade was dull and the axis lock was very rough.

I was very disappointed and looked it up on YouTube. Found a review by a guy who bought the fake, knowing it was a fake, for $40.
His performed much better than mine, in every respect.
Mine is marked with a Butterfly and 20CV but otherwise is exactly like his.

I emailed Benchmade to let them know about the fraudulent website that was cloning their website.
I emailed the seller to request a refund. We will see how that goes...
$115 Infidels is a pretty good sign it's a bad site.

Back