Really Bad Day!!!!

JK Knives

Today started out going well, then turned really bad! I was almost done with this knife, and decided to do a little testing before boxing it up. Here is what the knife started out looking like.

2i6oz8w.jpg

During my testing, I broke the darn thing, never had this happen before :confused:

2e5p8jk.jpg

Just kidding! This is my special project, the JK "modernized friction folder." It works like the old time friction folders, or a straight razor. This one has 1/8" liners, if I decide to produce it they will be 1/16" stainless. The blade is 1/8" O1, and the handles are black micarta.

2929xfb.jpg

This picture shows the micarta back spacer, and the 1/4" stainless stop pin. The pivot pin is also 1/4"

2zqsdi1.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Wow John you are never gonna believe this but I was going to post a pic of that style knife for you today and ask if ya fancied making one......that is freaky that I just thought it today !!!!!!!!

I like it alot . I love friction folders. It would be cool if you can also offer them in 01 steel for those who like carbon blades.

I like it alot . I love friction folders. It would be cool if you can also offer them in 01 steel for those who like carbon blades.

The blade is 01, John said that the liners will be SS if he starts making the knives.

John, great knife, we definitely did not see this one coming.

Probably should add the specs. Handle is 3 3/4", overall is 6 3/4", with a 2 1/2" cutting edge. Since this one was just a prototype, i figured out how to get another 1/4" on the cutting edge on the next one, without changing the length. If I decide to produce these, they will come with a kydex belt sheath.

I like it. Great design. I didn't see that one coming.

These will go for around $110.00 in any handle material, with kydex belt sheath.

Last edited:
Holy crap that is awesome! Outstanding job, that is one handsome knife. I have never seen a "modern" looking friction folder, just period ones, that is really cool!

Last edited:
Holy crap that is awesome! Outstanding job, that is one handsome knife. I have never seen a "modern" looking friction folder, just period ones, that is really cool!

I`ll also be doing them in wood for a more "traditional" look, with different blade shapes like straightback and clip point. The wood handle ones will have flathead screws instead of the allen head.

I too think it's a cool design.

Are you planning on making another prototype with the longer edge, thinner liners, rounded edges and wood scales? I'm curious to see something like that.

When you mentioned "something different" I had no idea that this was what you came up with. Really cool and completely unexpected. Makes me wonder what else you've got planned for the future.

I too think it's a cool design.

Are you planning on making another prototype with the longer edge, thinner liners, rounded edges and wood scales? I'm curious to see something like that.

When you mentioned "something different" I had no idea that this was what you came up with. Really cool and completely unexpected. Makes me wonder what else you've got planned for the future.

Yes I am, as soon as I finish up a couple of orders ;)

You never can tell :D

I cant afford one John. Im only working part time. But I like it a lot. That is one handsome knife. I like that the entire blade has a cutting edge.

Last edited:
Back