Spyderco Really like my Spydie kitchen utility knives

Long time lurker... I own both the regular and serrated versions and have enjoyed both. If they made a small butcher knife I'd be totally on board.

I have yet to sharpen the serrated utility knife, however I have sharpened the plain edge one that I own. I am a very busy individual and I don't get to cook as frequently as I would like, so I personally use them 2-3 times a week. On the other hand my girlfriend uses them frequently, especially the plain edge utility knife. I tend to touch up my kitchen knives before use and the performance to me has been great for the price. I've owned them for about a year. I use a knife magnet and it currently displays a hodgepodge of different kitchen knives from different manufacturers, and the spydies seem to be my go to. I dig the mismatched look in my kitchen. I would say the edge retention is fairly good for a 30 dollar knife. I like it a lot.

I've been amazed at how good MBS-26 is. Specs are nothing out of the ordinary, but I've only touched up the 4" utility knife I got my wife for Christmas (I use it too) once.

Back