Really liking my new Michael Zieba S1 Mini

SSonnentag

Stay Sharp!
I picked up this small knife to use as an EDC. Lately, my preferences have been leaning toward smaller, more easily carried knives for EDC. This knife is near perfection for my needs. It flips really well and has beautiful and artistic blade grinds. The skull bead is a nice touch, although I removed it to make the knife more pocketable. Since the knife is so small, and my hands are not, I ended up reattaching the cord (minus the bead) to the knife for a bit more security when holding the knife.

Blade: M390
Frame: Titanium
Blade Length: 2 5/8"
Overall Length: 6"
Weight: 2.288 oz

Ceramic detent
Caged ball bearings

Made in Brooklyn, New York

Attachments

• IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 196
Congrats!! That is a really cool knife!! I wouldn't mind having one of those myself.

I have the Zieba Bold and love it. If he makes the larger version like this with the flag I won't be able to resist picking it up.

I REALLY like mine! Can't believe they aren't more popular/selling quickly. Awesome small EDC.

M07h_cHS-ESZa7bQHYJb3s1M3NVka6-jQOW4IQI7CalAnqgB-oOJ7j2aOPZSvpAtHDjm6d1XGQl7FfMJfYwDbhBWJcgfw-px4Q2QtTHbEuYDRfPucDIPGQgavsXbGYEOUp_XF0fykp3SniKM7lqPmyFpwlJwzL7mAB9gIk3CTw6g9_UUozmNAbBiTiJMdekHkdL7x4GjmSRq26xNdJiEB0MYZJ-8uO_ArMyfGrlPmqSGvEIznFgOswauViz4WIpaAVT1lPAe-eZhtkzKCP_3UBeU6QFRc0m0RtB3o0xNleZPZu6M4ZmDpQX7x8l16IIgGlpfy1sDO_m9WUl_Lw-Cd7D0_mTbCr09GF78-JN9IugiwD5v5huMzan6-d4lo69pDJwsiUYIPY36lCnGCjMlAQPN3beLcjnXrxLUxyQxTBfw6UJ9bXLntDTuVbsjk61zM7IueDjG3KMt47OUL0kLNf2_4fRlCj4wF6yI5wQwKfMOAIQFJmegUB5x9tlU5u5wqevGY0-2E09EC5u2GO370g3dwZgGmu_vdHc3JHXfqkQdBywF5t50LzsHRGecK5v6BYYs6My3JKU5InKeb3HzmzDpGacbbXchbGWrc9A6a-g65i3nm8uh=w2592-h1456-no

I just got one as well. It's small but big. I used it to cut out the back of a chicken and prep it for the Weber. It also worked fine on the tomatoes. It's got the copper finsh and the gold plated Ti back spacer...don't buy no ugly knife :) Fit and finish are worthy of Terzuola's ACTF.

How's the M390 performing for y'all?

Nice mini! I was surprised at how small it was when I first got mine. I had a regular S1 and the size jump seemed larger than most makers' pairs. However, I really appreciate that these smaller knives are available and the S1 Mini is definitely solid.

Here's a pic of my Ziebas
8emazM8.jpg

OP, can you take a photo of it in your pocket? I'm curious to see how the clip looks in pocket.

i'm becoming more and more of a fan of his work. does anyone know if he has a store front in new york? or maybe a dealer that carries his stuff in new york?

I was looking through his site... less than impressed with his warranty. 7 whole days!
(Hopefully he, or whoever does his site, chose the wrong word)

Last edited:
That is an awesome little cutter! Love the size of it. Been really impressed with Zieba ever since he first popped in on my radar. I scooped up his little G10 AEBL front flipper when he was collaborating with the woodworker and meat shop. Got that knife, meat, cutting board package for ~$60 and despite the slight issues with the knife (I mean hey, it was ~$25) I've been very impressed with what he can do.

I was looking through his site... less than impressed with his warranty. 7 whole days!
(Hopefully he, or whoever does his site, chose the wrong word)

His website says lifetime warranty, 7 day return policy. You must have read it wrong.

His website says lifetime warranty, 7 day return policy. You must have read it wrong.
No, actually, I did not read it wrong; as it still says "Your warranty is good for 7 days after the date of purchase"... though I do now see the lifetime warranty statement.
Where I initially read it was from one of the knife specific pages - below the description were two headings: Delivery and Warranty. Clicking on warranty revealed the message quoted above. I suspected that they didn't mean warranty, as noted in my previous post.
View attachment 773604

I didn't take the screenshot from one of the S1 Mini options, but that is where I initially saw it.

Last edited:
Back