Really?

loon#r

Platinum Member
Did anyone else just see the small regular Stars and Stripes that was posted and sold today on a well known knife site FOR ONLY $295!!!!?

I just don’t get it. Do people truly not know the worth of their knife?

Saw it, was a bit shocked. Or course it was Sale Pending immediately. It has some cosmetic issue and wasn't sure if it has a box and card but that was worth at least $700 to $900 IMO. I have a mint one and I paid a lot more than that.

There was also and OP Zaan that sold way cheap. Oh well.

Plus $10-$20 shipping. This has been common with regulars there lately. They used to email me at 3:30 daily. Now it’s like five or ten to four.

As a supposedly reputable site listed as Ug....more like CGG.. curious....

They’ve gotten pretty lax with their descriptions, on both condition and materials. Still, they have a great range of offerings.

Since we talking about crazy pricing... You guys see on another CRK social media site someone asking $825 for a SM crosshatch lol. That guy is bonkers . Also listed a lg WC 21 for $799 last week.
Did pricing skyrocket recently?

And a large "The Catch" just sold her for $600. That's a $1500 to $2000 knife IMO.

I was literally 4 seconds too late there. I thought I had it. Unfortunately, my post was the second instead of the first response. I think we are about as likely to see one of those again as I am to find someone willing to sell me a Pheasant Tail...which is ever so slightly more likely than me getting struck in the ass by a bolt of lightning on a Tuesday afternoon. After that I just poured a glass a bourbon...cask strength. If only my fingers were a wee bit faster lol

There have been at least three offered that I was just a little late to the party for. It's killing me!
So anyone reading this Go ahead, Do it again! I will be there one of these times to catch a steal!
Good to see people getting these deals just wish I could score one. :)

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are still a few new old stock regulars sitting on a dusty shelf in a few remote shops still priced at their 2002 map as every podunk person is shocked at the price of the simple folder on the shelf as they scan the case.

I think what we are see is part of todays economy. These are the type of knives that often spend their lives in drawers, too pretty to use much if at all. People know the knife is worth something and would like to sell(they could use the money), but have not followed the market and are not aware(or could even believe) the ridiculously high prices some of these go for. A wanted graphic on the presentation side turns a $600 knife into multiple thousands.
The sellers are leaving a lot on the table for not putting in a bit of research time. Of course there could be an occasional seller trying to give members a great deal, but I have found that to be a fairly rare case.
Since I haven't been in the position to snag one of these steals I can only speculate, but I doubt I could take full advantage of the sellers ignorance-but that is IMO and only pertains to me. No one has such an obligation.

Last edited:
I think what we are see is part of todays economy. These are the type of knives that often spend their lives in drawers, too pretty to use much if at all. People know the knife is worth something and would like to sell(they could use the money), but have not followed the market and are not aware(or could even believe) the ridiculously high prices some of these go for. A wanted graphic on the presentation side turns a $600 knife into multiple thousands.
The sellers are leaving a lot on the table for not putting in a bit of research time. Of course there could be an occasional seller trying to give members a great deal, but I have found that to be a fairly rare case.
Since I haven't been in the position to snag one of these steals Ican only speculate, but I doubt I could take full advantage of the sellers ignorance-but that is IMO and only pertains to me. No one has such an obligation.

I would tend to agree. Even though I know some of these deals will be flipped soon after for double, triple and even quadruple the price, I can only hope that instead the knives end up in the buyers collection and are truly cherished. Probably wishful thinking but I can hope. That being said, I can't really blame someone for jumping on a deal and flipping it for a profit. No different that buying a classic car and turning it for a profit.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are still a few new old stock regulars sitting on a dusty shelf in a few remote shops still priced at their 2002 map as every podunk person is shocked at the price of the simple folder on the shelf as they scan the case.

I bet there are! I was in search of a particular large and small Seb 21 and I checked/contacted every AD on CRK's website...including reaching out to the ones that did NOT have their own websites or had websites that they clearly did not update often. What I found is a ton of Sebenza 21 stock still exists among dealers that do NOT actively list on websites (including some that people are much on the hunt for), but some of these authorized dealers I was simply unable to reach. The ones I was unable to reach...I am willing to bet some of them and former ADs are the ones with 10-20 year old BNIB Sebs, as well as former ADs that may have gone out of business but still had some stock after they shuttered operations. I've also met a few knife dealers who have been in business for decades and they have so much stock that sometimes they have old-new stock on hand and don't even realize it.

It does seem like we are seeing more rare CRKs pop up at the moment. I think part of that could be that people are bored with everything going on and cleaning up their houses or cleaning out their safes and finding some old CRKs they got ages ago and then deciding to list them to raise a couple of bucks. That's just my working theory, though.

Back