Reaper & edc1,2,3 comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dob you have pics or a measurement of the edge bevel/shoulders? I'd be curious to compare it to mine

I have previously taken pictures of the knife but none that really show anything I’m mentioning, nor do I have the ability to take any more. I don’t and didn’t have any means to accurately measure but I was curious of a number. I got a good comparison of thick/thin by feeling it up to all my other CPK’s, plus other fixed blade knives with similar blade stock width.

A4S22Zd.jpg

ZeNJaNA.jpg

This is getting weird for me even talk about much more haha, there’s zero “negative” talk here about CPK or related topics and I don’t want to create any enemies because of one knife. The CR just didn’t work out for me like I had really hoped and due to each one being different, everyone will have their own experience. Luckily mine went to a hardcore collector that will really appreciate it and love it, he probably keeps it wrapped in his favorite pair of underwear, I in return got a knife that really caused me pain missing in the sales so all is bright and sunny in Mark Scrimgeour and CPK land!

I have previously taken pictures of the knife but none that really show anything I’m mentioning, nor do I have the ability to take any more. I don’t and didn’t have any means to accurately measure but I was curious of a number. I got a good comparison of thick/thin by feeling it up to all my other CPK’s, plus other fixed blade knives with similar blade stock width.

A4S22Zd.jpg

ZeNJaNA.jpg

This is getting weird for me even talk about much more haha, there’s zero “negative” talk here about CPK or related topics and I don’t want to create any enemies because of one knife. The CR just didn’t work out for me like I had really hoped and due to each one being different, everyone will have their own experience. Luckily mine went to a hardcore collector that will really appreciate it and love it, he probably keeps it wrapped in his favorite pair of underwear, I in return got a knife that really caused me pain missing in the sales so all is bright and sunny in Mark Scrimgeour and CPK land!

That's a dude

Lol

A4S22Zd.jpg

ZeNJaNA.jpg

No worries. I don't think it came off as "negative". Apologies if you felt pressed.

I prefer the bfk over the fk2. FK2s are still awesome knives. It's just preference

A4S22Zd.jpg

ZeNJaNA.jpg

Being whiny and negative is a bit different from being honest, and I don't think you need to walk on egg shells, you're being honest. Knives are a very personal thing although we all share the same passion what works for some won't work for others.

All of the CR's are going to be on the thick side, they're ~.188, with a low-ish hollow grind, leaving a fairly thin edge but thick upper. I can kind of see from your pictures that your grind was a little thicker than mine, but mine is also among the thinnest he will make. If you manage to get another I would not be surprised if Mark would be willing to grind it a little thinner for you if asked.

watching Todd Begg pretending to do murders with Mark's Reaper made it so clear
Haven't seen it...but having it in hand and testing out different positions and attitudes, plus the way it locks into the hand and stays put during changes of grip told me what I needed to know about it.

(It also didn't hurt that I also spoke with Mark for about a half hour as well...after the fact.)

Good stuff.

Haven't seen it...but having it in hand and testing out different positions and attitudes, plus the way it locks into the hand and stays put during changes of grip told me what I needed to know about it.

(It also didn't hurt that I also spoke with Mark for about a half hour as well...after the fact.)

Good stuff.
you kind of had to be there. Nathan and I looked at each other while it was happening like a couple of Trekkies meeting William Shatner at a comicon

While this post has nothing to do with a reaper, it does have some edc1 shots in comparison to other knives that might be considered for edc candidates by some so this seemed as appropriate a thread as any.
None of these knives are something that you can walk into the hardware or sporting goods stores and handle so a little perspective goes a long way if someone (like me) wants a visual guide to go by. Tape measures are great but pictures, well you know. Busse custom game warden, Bradford guardian 3, CPK EDC1, and a Busse radioactive meaner.
IMG_1084.jpegIMG_1085.jpegIMG_1086.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back