Reate Forum Knife?

Awesome, thanks Cherish.

What would everyone think of a forum knife based on the Hills but using a carbon fiber presentation side scale? Kind of unique while at the same time keeping cost down to maximize interest...?

The Hills is a current production knife and the cheapest in the Reate line.

That would be great; I really like my Hills. But I have no problem changing things up to suit those who want something different.

I like the idea of a forum knife, but the hills would probably be my last choice of all the Reate knives made.

Id love a fancy forum knife. If we have the option to choose things theres a few basics id prefer. Either a m390 blade at 61-62 hrc or if s35vn is cheaper, more readily available then have it at 60-61 hrc but 61-62 is prefered. S35vn was made to be ran a lil harder than s30v and it performs quiye nice at a hardness over 60, even better at 61-62(mist likely will beed cryo). I had a few s35vn blades in that range and its a very nice steel with good wear resistance, takes a keen edge and you pretty much cant tell the difference sharpening it but you can tell it in how well the edge holds. Also id be nice if it was ground lean, undef 0.015 minimum and close to 0.010 ideal. I think we're all big boys here and we're not going to go battoning or chopping with out folders (especially frame or liner locks). But the difference in cutting ability you get from 0.025 to 0.035 average production knives now and 0.010 is very noticeable. Plus it makes it easier to sharpen your knife since your bevel is half as wide. And 0.010, for sure 0.015 is plenty tough for a edc knife used to cut cardboard, wood, plastics and most importantly phonebook paper and arm hair ;). Give a a Hills or a custom patern, whichever, with a carbon fiber (preferably fancy but im not picky) scale for looks and wright refuction and in m390 or hard s35vn and im in no matter the price (if reasonable, I ain't paying over $500 for a knife which usually costs $200 if hills is used no matter how fancy it is) since Reate usually makes a really good knive. Lets make it happen guys.

Well we can't do much of anything without David chiming in. I sent him a message a small while back telling him to check in and he said he would but I understand he's been busy with the new District 9 and the Valkyrie 2

Thank you all of you guys at first and sorry delay to reply this thread. Yes ,we can accept customized service based on MOQ of 120 pcs. If you have any questions welcome to leave your message or contact me at cherish@reateknives.com. I will reply you as soon as possible. Thanks again for your support.

--------Reate Knives-------Cherish

We did get this reply. I think the ball is in our court to propose a knife, let David respond with pricing and then go from there...in fact, I think it might be time to start some polls to determine what configuration would have the most interest...

Curious, do you really think there is going to be near enough interest to sell 120? I know the traditional forum hasn't sold the 300 they are making. That probably has a lot more interest, a much lower price, and several people buying multiple. I love the idea, but that concerns me.

With no responses to the poll I posted after a couple of hours, I'd have to think you might be right, lol.

I would be interested in a couple especially if its sheepsfoot and micarta....xmas gifts for this year or even next haha

Hello guys, I am always here with you and read the thread all the time.My Boss David is too busy to reply but I will tell him what have happened. Therefore, if you want to make customized knives what you have to do is make a final decision. Once it is done,we can accept 120pcs knives' order. Then contact me at cherish@reateknives.com. Thank you very much.

------------Reate Knives--------------Cherish

I wonder if there is a way go sticky this on the general forum so people see it more or something like that?

I would definitely be interested in a horizon or hills with a sheepsfoot blade. Instead of micarta or g10 I would much rather see some unique ano color or pattern. Something like a horizon that is anodized blue with bronze edges and a sheepsfoot blade would be pretty sweet. And, they have already proven that they have the skills to do great factory anodization.

I would definitely be interested in a horizon or hills with a sheepsfoot blade. Instead of micarta or g10 I would much rather see some unique ano color or pattern. Something like a horizon that is anodized blue with bronze edges and a sheepsfoot blade would be pretty sweet. And, they have already proven that they have the skills to do great factory anodization.

I like this idea even better

I voted in the poll and chose Hills simply because we want to keep this as cost effective as possible. The lower the price, the more people that will participate. I do think a micarta handle and sheepsfoot blade would be gorgeous. However, it do think that it would jack the price a bit, since Reate would have to design a new titanium liner/micarta scale side.

I think doing a unique ano color and sheepsfoot blade would be better, pretty much what SadSappy said. I'm thinking either a red/orange type color or a royal green would be awesome.

Back