Reate Horizon D pivot screws?

sharp_edge

Gold Member
Does anyone know where I can get a pair of pivot screws for the Reate Horizon D model, or how to contact Reate Warranty Dept? One screw gets stuck there and when I tried to take it out I kind of messed the screw head. The other pivot screw is in about the same situation (although it did come out). Is there an easy way to take it out? I have the spare screw set but am not sure if they are for the body screw replacement or can also for the pivot screw.

Update: left a PM to Reate here, sent an email to Reate warranty as ScooterG suggested, and plus this thread. All these were done thtee days ago. No response yet.

More update: Reate USA Office sent me replacement pivot screws but I could not take out the stuck screw. I was then adviced to ship the knive to them. The knife is now being serviced. So far the commumication and service have been good :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mo2
More update: Reate USA Office sent me replacement pivot screws but I could not take out the stuck screw. I was then adviced to ship the knive to them. The knife is now being serviced. So far the commumication and service have been good :thumbsup:
Good information. I will have to do this too.
Not sure why there were so many stripped pivot screws on factory horizon d's. Seems like every one I know with one except a few have the issue.

Also got a we knives from the factory with same issue. No other knives I owned had that happen ever. Except for real cheap budget knives.

Good information. I will have to do this too.
Not sure why there were so many stripped pivot screws on factory horizon d's. Seems like every one I know with one except a few have the issue.

Also got a we knives from the factory with same issue. No other knives I owned had that happen ever. Except for real cheap budget knives.

The pivot screw head is too small IMO which does not provide the driver bit as much grab as need. You will have to be extremely careful when unscrewing. I did use a wiha quality bit but still managed to strip it.

On the other hand, the Horizon D is such a well manufactured knife that one really does not need to worry about centering or blade play. No tweaking is needed.

Back