1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Reate Knives 2018 high-end knife: Valhalla(Coming soon)

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by ReaTe, Feb 9, 2018.

1. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Our New models Valhalla are coming soon.
    Released date please follow our Facebook or Instagram.
    We would like to share the details about this model here with you.

Specification:
    Multi-row ceramic ball bearing system
    3-D machined Titanium handle Open Length:8.62”
    Blade length:3.82”
    Closed length:4.80”
    Blade thickness:0.157”
    Blade material:Damasteel-RWL34
    Blade hardness:61HRC
    Handle material:6AL4V Titanium
    Inlay Material:Carbon fiber
    Weight:6.31 oz
    Locking:Frame Lock Blade finish:Stone wash/Satin finish/Damasteel
    Handle finish:Bead blast/Blue/Bronze/Dark stone wash

Here are some photos of Valhalla.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reate Knives would like to talk a little bit about one important technique—Freeze Edging Skill.

As the final process for a blade, edging has a great effect on the performance of the knives, after all, the edge part is the main function area when using a knife. Normally, edging is operated on a high-speed running grinding wheel or grinding belt, which produces a very high temperature. Without a cooling system, the temperature on the edge goes up instantly to hundreds of centigrade, when it gets worse, it will burn and leave heat marks on the blade. Tempering or even annealing will happen on area of the edge where the temperature increasing instantly. It will harm the hardness and durability of the blade. That’s why some knives passing the hardness standard test but still easily get worn in actual use.

Reate Knives are using the freeze edging technique. During grinding, the temperature on the edge is controlled in a certain level of degree, which helps keep the hardness after the heat treating. Therefore, the sharpness and durability of the blade are assured. This helps bring the performance of the material to the best.

Thank you very much for your time.

Reate Knives Team.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Mo2 likes this.
  2. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    Those photos were killed off fast.

3. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Where can we see a photo of this?

4. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    @ReaTe , all your photo hosting is down. There are a lot of threads you started recently that we'd really like to look at pictures in!

5. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    I stopped using Photobucket back in about 2005. They were crappy then and even worse now.

madcap_magician likes this.
  6. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    Here's the missing photos and a few more....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mo2 and ScooterG like this.
  7. recon493

recon493

Feb 22, 2017
    Thank you very much. Looks to have the same pivot system as the K-3 (prototype and production version). I like the idea of a more plain scale like the one pictured toward the bottom. Will hopefully keep the pricing at bay by not using inlays and other bling. Could be a great user.

8. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    I'm still pushing Reate to go back to M390 and CTS-204P and mix it up with blades in Elmax, Vanax and CPM S90V. For a knife at those prices our customers are demanding better blade steel than RWL34.

madcap_magician and recon493 like this.
  9. ReaTe

ReaTe

Feb 15, 2014
    Pictures updated. Thank you so much for you guys patience. And thanks a lot for Ture Talon's help.

recon493 likes this.
  10. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    That one looks great. When do you expect these to hit dealers?

11. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I think if they went the other way and the RWL34 ones were more in the $250-$350 range rather than $350-$500, that would be pretty welcome, too.

12. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    it reminds me of the valkyrie.

AF likes this.
  13. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    Indeed it does and after looking on Wikipedia I see the close connection in Norse mythology between a Valkyrie and Valhalla.

Mo2 likes this.
  14. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Sweet. My next Reate right there. :thumbsup:

15. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I'm really digging the blade profile on this one. It's a bit large for my taste, but if you're gonna name it Valhalla it should be big!

16. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

Got mine :thumbsup:

ScooterG and Otto Carpenter like this.
  17. shoegazer

shoegazer Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2015
    Got mine yesterday! Very comfortable in the hand. Pocket clip will need to be pried out some. Great jimping Reate! Edit again, there is a ramped detente
    track also which makes closing even better, first Reate I've seen with this.
    Horizon series would benefit greatly from this. Thanks Reate IMG_20180514_133743965.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  18. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    75C5BBF1-6952-4A71-8F34-A009015E1927.jpeg 694C98A8-7D49-4A6C-B7BD-CF4DE414E00A.jpeg I bought mine from GP Knives yesterday.