Reate Knives 2018 high-end knife: Valhalla(Coming soon)

Our New models Valhalla are coming soon.
Released date please follow our Facebook or Instagram.
We would like to share the details about this model here with you.

Specification:
Multi-row ceramic ball bearing system
3-D machined Titanium handle Open Length:8.62”
Blade length:3.82”
Closed length:4.80”
Blade thickness:0.157”
Blade material:Damasteel-RWL34
Blade hardness:61HRC
Handle material:6AL4V Titanium
Inlay Material:Carbon fiber
Weight:6.31 oz
Locking:Frame Lock Blade finish:Stone wash/Satin finish/Damasteel
Handle finish:Bead blast/Blue/Bronze/Dark stone wash

Here are some photos of Valhalla.
IMG_8980-1.jpg

IMG_8981-1.jpg

IMG_8963.jpg

IMG_8965-1.jpg

IMG_8970-1.jpg

IMG_8963-1.jpg

Reate Knives would like to talk a little bit about one important technique—Freeze Edging Skill.

As the final process for a blade, edging has a great effect on the performance of the knives, after all, the edge part is the main function area when using a knife. Normally, edging is operated on a high-speed running grinding wheel or grinding belt, which produces a very high temperature. Without a cooling system, the temperature on the edge goes up instantly to hundreds of centigrade, when it gets worse, it will burn and leave heat marks on the blade. Tempering or even annealing will happen on area of the edge where the temperature increasing instantly. It will harm the hardness and durability of the blade. That’s why some knives passing the hardness standard test but still easily get worn in actual use.

Reate Knives are using the freeze edging technique. During grinding, the temperature on the edge is controlled in a certain level of degree, which helps keep the hardness after the heat treating. Therefore, the sharpness and durability of the blade are assured. This helps bring the performance of the material to the best.

Thank you very much for your time.

Reate Knives Team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo2
ReaTe ReaTe , all your photo hosting is down. There are a lot of threads you started recently that we'd really like to look at pictures in!

Thank you very much. Looks to have the same pivot system as the K-3 (prototype and production version). I like the idea of a more plain scale like the one pictured toward the bottom. Will hopefully keep the pricing at bay by not using inlays and other bling. Could be a great user.

I'm still pushing Reate to go back to M390 and CTS-204P and mix it up with blades in Elmax, Vanax and CPM S90V. For a knife at those prices our customers are demanding better blade steel than RWL34.

Pictures updated. Thank you so much for you guys patience. And thanks a lot for Ture Talon's help.

That one looks great. When do you expect these to hit dealers?

I'm still pushing Reate to go back to M390 and CTS-204P and mix it up with blades in Elmax, Vanax and CPM S90V. For a knife at those prices our customers are demanding better blade steel than RWL34.

I think if they went the other way and the RWL34 ones were more in the $250-$350 range rather than $350-$500, that would be pretty welcome, too.

I'm really digging the blade profile on this one. It's a bit large for my taste, but if you're gonna name it Valhalla it should be big!

Got mine yesterday! Very comfortable in the hand. Pocket clip will need to be pried out some. Great jimping Reate! Edit again, there is a ramped detente
track also which makes closing even better, first Reate I've seen with this.
Horizon series would benefit greatly from this. Thanks Reate IMG_20180514_133743965.jpg

Last edited:
Back