Receiving Notifications for Threads I Didn’t Subscribe To

Jsega51

Gold Member
I’ve been having this issue for a bit now. I subscribe to a few different exchange forums to receive notifications when new threads are started. That seems to work just fine.

The problem is, I sometimes receive constant notifications for a certain thread whenever there’s a reply, even though I’m not watching or subscribed to that thread. It sends the notifications as if there’s a new sales thread being posted but that’s not the case.

For example: I have received a notification for every single time a response to this thread has been made. I don’t have any interest in these knives and am not following this specific thread. This is the latest example, there have been several others.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/divorce-sale-fletcher-fleming-etc-added-sheaths.1818249/

I’ve tried unsubscribing, logging out, signing back in, clearing cookies, etc, but I keep getting random thread notifications when I haven’t subscribed to that specific post.

Anyone?? This is getting really F’n annoying having my email constantly go off for threads I’m not watching. Spark Spark

My only option is to mass delete all your watched threads. Do you want me to do that, or do you want to manually remove those two?

Nevermind, went ahead and removed them on my end after seeing your post that you had tried everything

Spark Spark thank you for looking into this for me! I just got back from not having service for a while so I haven’t checked in on this thread in a week. I appreciate it sir!

Just started receiving alerts today for random WTB threads...very odd.

I realize this thread is old but I'm having this exact same issue and it's been going on for probably a year now.

There's certain posts on the exchange where I get repeated notifications for them every time someone posts a new reply to it or even every time the OP edits his original post.

I never "watched" that thread, only the parent forum which the thread is within (for example : fixed blades for sale by individuals).

When I visit the thread I'm given the option to watch it telling me I'm not presently watching it and requesting notifications yet this type of things happens with new threads every few days or weeks with certain threads in forums I'm watching.

Was any fix or cause ever found?

Just a still unknown glitch we have to live with?

Definitely annoying getting those unwanted emails so frequently!

I realize this thread is old but I'm having this exact same issue and it's been going on for probably a year now.

There's certain posts on the exchange where I get repeated notifications for them every time someone posts a new reply to it or even every time the OP edits his original post.

I never "watched" that thread, only the parent forum which the thread is within (for example : fixed blades for sale by individuals).

When I visit the thread I'm given the option to watch it telling me I'm not presently watching it and requesting notifications yet this type of things happens with new threads every few days or weeks with certain threads in forums I'm watching.

Was any fix or cause ever found?

Just a still unknown glitch we have to live with?

Definitely annoying getting those unwanted emails so frequently!

It kept happening to me as well and still does on occasion. Spark said there’s nothing he can do so hopefully future software updates eliminate the issue.

Back