Photos Recon 1 appreciation (Pics and Experiences)

Honestly, the Recon 1 is among the best pocket knives of all time. Comfortable, practical, and tactical. It's great. I used it to pry out glass panes from a wooden frame. So, I was wondering if we could see your cool pics of it or maybe your stories about how you stopped a raging water buffalo with it.

It really is a classic. I consider it to be more utilitarian in design than tactical, though it has that flavor as well. I only recently discovered Cold Steel during the switch to s35 and I decided to give the Recon 1 a shot. Really glad I did because Cold Steel is definitely on my radar now. I can even see owning a couple different versions. No crazy stories about mine yet, just an awesome EDC. Cheers to the Recon 1!

No stories about mine yet, but I rotate through my knives so often that many of them don't get much wear. I love the Recon 1, though. Just a superb knife in every way, and a real bargain.

wW5SQxN.jpg

It really is a classic. I consider it to be more utilitarian in design than tactical, though it has that flavor as well. I only recently discovered Cold Steel during the switch to s35 and I decided to give the Recon 1 a shot. Really glad I did because Cold Steel is definitely on my radar now. I can even see owning a couple different versions. No crazy stories about mine yet, just an awesome EDC. Cheers to the Recon 1!
We really appreciate that!

I have no amazing stories but I think if the world ever ends the recon 1 is a top choice; simple strong tough that's what you need

The Recon 1 is a better edc knife than one might imagine, given its size. Tremendous ergonomics , light and very strong. Great all purpose knife.
Could an upgrade with cpm20cv be possible? In an uncoated blade? That would become one of the best folding knives on the market, maybe the best.

Carry this one often. Walking the dog or night out with the wifey. She carries the large version. I stripped the old painted blade. Like it better this way.
I need to get another large. It’s such a great work folder.
06Y1Tbn.jpg

This model minus the tanto blade are all wicked good knives for hunting big game too,Ive impressed a few guys that thought the lockback was weak lol boy did they eat their words on that one.

I've had mine for over 17 years now. Generation 1, with the UltraLock. She still performs like a champ. It was my daily carry for about 15 years, as you can see. I'm thinking about selling her though. Maybe time for a new one.
GX1az6w.jpg

Back