Recon Tanto (SK-5) long term rewiew

First impresions of the knife were good balance, and extremley well made handle.

This knife was first used on construction site, for cutting wire isolation, plastic pipes and tubes, scraping off glue residues from plastic, and to cut flat excess parts. Tanto tip has been extremley useful for these tasks.
Another use where tanto tip was handy was to punch holes through plastic sheets, so I can cut out openings in them.
I sometimes even used that knife for my meals, since plastic ones that came with delivery would usually break right away.

Another use was at home, from timming some excess branchess off my trees (apple and pulm tree maintenance) and bushes, to cutting corn plants at fall. It is a good chopper.

Few times I used it in the kitchen too, for some bigger pieces of dry cured meat.

Handle is comfortable and made very well, my hand was never sore or hurt even after prolonged use. Sweep of the blade gives the knife excellent cutting performance.

This knife won't let you down, and now I can just imagine the performance of 3V version of Recon Tanto.

I would like to hear opinions of others who have Recon Tanto (any version).

Anyways, good job Cold Steel :D

Back