Red Class?

I just recently stumbled across the Vex. I haven't had a chance to mess with one in the flesh... for those that own them, how do you like them? I believe they are a Senrenmu (or whatever) made knife, but I'm not positive about that.

Anyway, are they any good? Any great models I shouldn't miss out on?

Thanks

Don't know much about them except they quit making the red class a few years ago.

The Vex, Chinese made or not is a good knife with features seen on much more expensive knives like a rounded spine, great deep pocket clip, sturdy G-10 scales, and full thick liners. For the price point and what you get it's a good deal.

The Vex is one of the ones I wish I had pulled the trigger on many years ago.

The Red Line, now the HK & HD lines are some very good value knives. For the price they offer quality materials, good workmanship, F&F on the ones I've had was right up there with other quality production knives.

I think they are some of the most underrated knives out there. I currently have several HK knives and Ascender is one of my favorite knives. Although discontinued you can still find them here and there.

Don't know if I answered your question exactly but if you have the chance to get one I'm sure you would be pretty pleased with it.

Best of luck...

I just recently stumbled across the Vex. I haven't had a chance to mess with one in the flesh... for those that own them, how do you like them? I believe they are a Senrenmu (or whatever) made knife, but I'm not positive about that.

Anyway, are they any good? Any great models I shouldn't miss out on?

Thanks

The only downside to the knife is the steel. It's below my threshold of 440C, but it is a decent steel the way Benchmade has it heat treated. I used to have one, and the only reason I sold it was because it is a right-handed liner lock (I'm a lefty). My oldest son (13y.o.) has one, and he really likes it. Takes it with him on his Boy Scout camping trips and it aquits itself pretty darn well).

Used to have one, gave it to a friend after loaning it to him on a camping trip (he loved it). Solid little knife for the price. I agree with j_karp, too - rounded spine and solid g-10 were really nice features, gave it some real polish.

I have a couple of the Vex knives. Drop point and the Tanto versions. They are indeed, very well made.

I also had a Vex I really like, and ended up giving to my dad (his first good quality folder) he really like it as well and now alternates between the Vex and a Tenacious.

The Vex is a very sturdy knife. The steel won´t disapoint you. It´s easy to get it scary sharp! Yoy just have to sharpen it more often than supersteel-knives.

Vex.jpg

I just went through my knife stash and found a Vex. Hmmmm..never used it and honestly don't remember buying it.May have to stick it in my pocket this week.

I had the vex but ended up returning it. The opening wasn't smooth enough for me to really like the knife, even with pivot adjustments. The opening hole placement is also a little too close to the spine for me. Those are just little details that bugged me though.

It was definitely the sharpest factory edge benchmade I had, maybe even the sharpest factory edge I've had in general (very steep angles on the one I got).

Back