Pictures here! Redmeadow picture thread

Part of my New Year’s resolutions is no soda (used to drink 6 cans a day, roller coaster trying to quit for years, drive a desk nowadays… you know the story), and taking my lunch and not eating out at work - because it’s healthier for me, and my wallet. It’s the end of January and I’ve been doing great. But sometimes you have to take the new guy out for lunch and cheat a little.

And by new guy, I mean an actual human - not just my new Cowbell. LOL!

FAED5D84-1EF0-4B43-B858-6FEB300EEB93.jpeg

Part of my New Year’s resolutions is no soda (used to drink 6 cans a day, roller coaster trying to quit for years, drive a desk nowadays… you know the story), and taking my lunch and not eating out at work - because it’s healthier for me, and my wallet. It’s the end of January and I’ve been doing great. But sometimes you have to take the new guy out for lunch and cheat a little.

And by new guy, I mean an actual human - not just my new Cowbell. LOL!

View attachment 2475461
Mmmmmm Chick Fil A..... Our nearest one is 2 1/2 hours away😔

Nice lookin blades! That blue linen has a really nice color in person doesn't it?

Looks like you're telling him to behave or you'll take him to where the red fern grows and... stick em.
The wife will watch any kind of movie, zombies, monsters, horror, crime, gore, whatever, that's all fine. Where the Red Fern Grows? Uh uh, No way, she won't do it.
icegif-449.gif

Mmmmmm Chick Fil A..... Our nearest one is 2 1/2 hours away😔

Nice lookin blades! That blue linen has a really nice color in person doesn't it?
2.5 hours - wow. They just opened this one up off base about 3 months ago and it's always hoppin'.

Yes - I love the color. I don't think it shows up in the picture, but it's starting to get a line where the sheath ends since I haven't used it enough yet for oils from my hands to get in the grain. I think I'll put some leather conditioner down inside the sheath, or put a little oil on the Micarta and let that soak in the leather a little.

What do you harden the 52100 to? It's my first knife in this steel and so far I'm really liking it. I haven't touched it to a stone yet, but made a few passes on a ceramic rod to see how it responds. I can see why this steel has been used in straight razors. My arms may be bald by the end of the week. LOL!

15232449-158C-41A2-B5BC-785DB488481B.jpeg

2.5 hours - wow. They just opened this one up off base about 3 months ago and it's always hoppin'.

Yes - I love the color. I don't think it shows up in the picture, but it's starting to get a line where the sheath ends since I haven't used it enough yet for oils from my hands to get in the grain. I think I'll put some leather conditioner down inside the sheath, or put a little oil on the Micarta and let that soak in the leather a little.

What do you harden the 52100 to? It's my first knife in this steel and so far I'm really liking it. I haven't touched it to a stone yet, but made a few passes on a ceramic rod to see how it responds. I can see why this steel has been used in straight razors. My arms may be bald by the end of the week. LOL!

View attachment 2475644
I take it to 61, usually a quick strop can bring it back pretty crisp.

We have one fast food place (a McDonalds) in a 110 mile radius, which isn't a bad thing and probably keeps a few pounds off of me!

Back