Reflections Of The Brave Little Ghurkas

Kendo

Banned
HI ALL
in the following link you can see under GHURKAS 3 photos of these brave little men.they came from accross the black waters to fight with blind faith and heart.most died in great bravery,i look on these photos and wonder at the large hearts,these little guys must have had.there trusted weapon + tool the khukri, which we proudly buy,after seeing these pictures the khukris i own take on a new meaning. i wonder if there families ever found out where they went and how they died ??. did they just grow old waiting for them to come home, sad:( .
IN THE 3 PHOTOS
one is ghurkas in ww1 in combat

another is of ghurkas just of ship in a field in france ww1, presenting khukris for inspection just prior to marching to the frontline.

another is ghurkas on parade inspection again ww1,in field in france,just after arrival,
shortly after this photo was taken they marched to the front, and were immediatly in action.
by the end of the day approx 14hrs fighting, of a total 843 ghurkas consisting of 785 riflemen and 58 ncos and officers.
the fighting strength was reduced to approx 38 riflemen and 4 other ranks.
this was just one ghurka battalion, there were many others suffered similar fates.

SO NEXT TIME YOU LOOK AT THOSE KHUKRIS HANGIN ON THE WALL.
join with me and others in a silent thought for those brave little guys:( :)
if the photo alblum ghurkas ,dont appear on the left,try again later,as they may be doing work to the site.
SORRY ABOUT PICS PROBLEM HAVE EMAILED SOMEONE FOR HELP ??

http://pub18.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?usernum=1476962098

Originally posted by Berkley
Here's one of the pics Kendo was trying to link to:

thanks berkley your a lifesaver, iwish i knew how to post pics this way.
this photo is the one refered to

another is ghurkas on parade inspection again ww1,in field in france,just after arrival,
shortly after this photo was taken they marched to the front, and were immediatly in action.
by the end of the day approx 14hrs fighting, of a total 843 ghurkas consisting of 785 riflemen and 58 ncos and officers.
the fighting strength was reduced to approx 38 riflemen and 4 other ranks.
this was just one ghurka battalion, there were many others suffered similar fates.
THANKS AGAIN BERKLEY.
:D

I've been monitoring the BBC on my transistor radio. Sounds like the government's footdragging on the compensation payments for Ghurkha veterans. If we were talking about the American government, I'd be writing my congressman. Don't know who to contact in this case, but there should be someone we can get in touch with to show our support for these brave men. They're not asking for anything they didn't rightfully earn.

Sarge

That will be a good project for a while. I think I will dig around with Google and see what I can find out. I'll sure let everybody know if I can find out something that might help.:)

because the Ministry of Defense intends to fight it in court all the way. If the Gurkhas win their case, it could cost the government three billion dollars in back payments. Fortunately the Gurkhas have a fine barrister in the PM's wife, Ms. Booth, and an excellent legal argument. What they don't have is any hope for a speedy resolution. British courts seem to take even longer than their counterparts on this side of the pond.

Things like this just show the world that some revelutions were fought for good cause.

Back