Regarding folders - is the Z3 all you need?

I'm a new Sebenza owner.

I had been wondering what all the hoopla was about and found a used large Sebenza on the forums at a great price to try out (Thanks, Greg!). Figured if I didn't like it I could easily sell it for what I got in it.

Well, in all honesty, it sorta grew on me slowly. It's very utilitarian looking, but elegant in its simplicity. I put a hair shaving edge on it, took out a small nick in the belly and it's good to go! It'll be going back to CR for some minor refurbishing and a little blade realignment, but it's definitely a keeper.

After carrying it awhile, I got to thinking. If a person had the Zulu Trio that would pretty much cover any folder needs he might have (that's needs, not wants).

Large Sebenza - for tactical and heavy duty use.

Small Sebenza - for carrying while traveling in different jurisdictions and flights.

Umfaam - for those times when you have to dress up or just like to carry something lighter.

I realize that uses could overlap, and we always want more than we "need". But what do you think? That would pretty much cover your folding needs, wouldn't it?

------------------
Frank Norman
Words are not deeds.

Bone,
Well that will pretty well cover it for me.

Think that will cover most uses for everyone else too. Unless of course, one desires to add a good Chris Reeve one piece.

I sold my small to get a large, and that does it all for me. Not that I wouldn't like to have Z3, but I try to stay as lean as I can on personal inventory. Haven't had any airport problems so far, but I will say that getting another small for travel does sound like a good idea.

Of course I keep telling the wife I would be able to take her camping more if I could get a Mountaineer, but so far it just ain't working.

smile.gif
Brandon

------------------
I've got the schizophrenic blues
No I don't
Yes I do...

The Z3 will cover all of your Folder Needs forsure.. You will want more though..

Once you get a Project I in your hands..
You will want the Fixed Blades Series too..

[This message has been edited by ProEdge (edited 05-28-2000).]

As a new Umfaan and soon to be Sebenza owner, I would like to offer this view. The Z3 are wonderful using knives, but sometimes a person needs a knife that can be lost or even damaged depending on the circumstances. That's when you need a $10-$50 dollar knife.

Hell No they are not all you need, take a look here below. First you have the camping/hunting fixed blade.Then you have the large old style decorated, for the special nights out on the town.Third the collectible piece a large Tanto one of only 400! Then the every day long pants standard large, and the short pants standard old style small.And of course the wedding/special occasion....Zigzag Umfaan.Well, this is at least what I tell my fiance.Oh! one thing not to do, if she knows how much they cost(my first mistake) dont ever let her see how many you have at once like this picture.(my second mistake!)
Just kidding guys, she loves them all, just not as much as I do!
See ya!
Matt
6reeves.jpg

[This message has been edited by Pontiaker (edited 05-25-2000).]

Matt,

AWESOME!!

You make your point well!

------------------
Frank Norman
Words are not deeds.