Regular production sabre grind PM2?

Should Sal listen to the peeps and give us a sabre grind pm2 reg production?

• You know it boss

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No I hate variety and stuff

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Pretty suspicious of all those pics. Some of those are broken in 2 places. It all seems deliberate and malicious.

I know spyderco doesn't replace blades if you snapped the tip off or something. But a total blade failure like that looks like a rare case of too much stress in the steel or something from manufacturing. Would they warranty out the blades in this type of case?
I had 2 Manix break, like those photos. One was a second hand LW Manix. Previous owner put a sharpening choil in it.. snap..
I didn't even bother.

A second one, my own and bought new, snapped. They did warranty it, with spyderco store credit/a discount to be used for buying a new one. Only from Spyderco direct.

I had 2 Manix break, like those photos. One was a second hand LW Manix. Previous owner put a sharpening choil in it.. snap..
I didn't even bother.

A second one, my own and bought new, snapped. They did warranty it, with spyderco store credit/a discount to be used for buying a new one. Only from Spyderco direct.
Thats reassuring. Stuff happens but it's nice to see folks taking care of their customers when it does.

Owning an example of the Emerson opener PM2 (the bladeops exclusive), I wouldn't mind a saber grind PM2. That thing is beefy.

waq59rql.jpg

fO5CMK5l.jpg

Everybody's use case is a little different but I appreciate the thin grinds.
I've actually been buying native chiefs just to test out different steels because they have about the thinnest pointiest tip available. I'm amazed at how tough even the brittle steels are.
With that said the tanto PM2 is a great knife. I love my M4 version.

Back