Rehandled Straight Razor....

Hey everyone...
I am just getting into Straight Razors and i must say i LOVE them...I bought my 1st one a month ago that had a 'bone' handle(pretty sure it was plastic:jerkit: ),and a Solingen(German)steel blade.:cool:
I wasnt very impressed:rolleyes: with the handle so i removed it. Then i cut up some pieces of 6AL-4V Titanium in a similar shape of a straight razor,lined them up,ground them down,drilled them out...and cleaned them up. For the final stage of my Straight Razor Re-Handle project i took the surface of the outsides of the handles and hand-sanded them down to a 600grit finish...then i Jeweled(Engine-Turned)both sides of the handles.

I have a few pics of the finished S.Razor to share with you all...i hope i can figure out how to post them...and i hope you all enjoy them. Take care everyone.:thumbup:
RazorRe-Handle2half-open.jpg

heres a pic of it slightly opened

RazorRe-Handle1closed.jpg

Here it is closed up completely...i got the fit reallllly tight.

RazorRe-Handle1half-open.jpg

Another side of it...

RazorRe-Handle2closed.jpg

S.Razor closed up from the other side...

RazorRe-Handle3half-open.jpg

This pic shows the blade and the blade stamp...

Well thats it. Let me know what you all think...i hope you all enjoyed my pics.
Please feel free to critique my work on the re-handle job i did by myself(1st Re-Handling of a S.Razor).I would be happy to hear opinions.
Thanx and Take care everyone. :thumbup:

Very nice! I bet the titanium makes that handle nice and light.

Let us know if you ever offer your services for making replacement handles like that for our razors that have busted handles. :)

I would be more than happy to make handles for all yu guyz who have busted Razor handles. I'm a knifemaker too but until the other day,i had never worked with or re-handled anything like a Straight Razor. If you want my services just PM me and we'll talk. :)

Glad you guyz liked my work on my first S.Razor. Thanx for the kind words and take care.

(and yes WadeF...it makes it really light :thumbup: )

Back