Remington Arms bankruptcy .. again

I believe the custom shop went to Woodhill. Not sure how they wangled the stuff they purchased for 13 million $. But there may have been environmental liabilities with the NY plant. Huntsville AL was certainly left holding the bag.

Remington is not different than many other American companies which do not sell arms. They were bought by a private equity firm, which piled massive debt on the company to finance the purchase, and thought they could pay that down by running things more efficiently (i.e., laying off a bunch of employees and/or nonunionizing) and/or raiding the pension fund. When that did not pan out, the people who bought the company pocketed a nice profit and declared bankruptcy. The American Way.

I believe the custom shop went to Woodhill. Not sure how they wangled the stuff they purchased for 13 million $. But there may have been environmental liabilities with the NY plant. Huntsville AL was certainly left holding the bag.
Thank you! I had very pleasant experience with Remington Custom Shop, hopefully they will make it.

Back