Remington Daddy Barlow no longer NIB

Wow that was fast! Thanks sgbeskin, nice group of knives. I wonder what it is about that old Case redbone? Many attempts have been made to copy it, but no-one has been able to match it. I have a couple, as well as some equally nice greenbone knives. I think the modern dyes just don't have the right stuff. (Sounds like a new thread).
Thanks again

Some nice knife pics all around. I like that Lile. It looks like like a real using shape. I like real, old style, outdoorsman knives in shapes and grip styles that were made for people who hunted, fished, and camped with them.

The slippies pictured are pure class(ic). I really like the look of that Queen barlow.

Thanks for showing them.

While not Lile level at all, I had a Western 71, Seabee type with the stacked leather grip in leather and steel color, not all blacked up. It was a light, sharp, handy blade. I let it get a way from me and still regret it. I'd picked it up at a pawn shop for $20. It may not have been the roughest, toughest, braggin blade of all time, but it sure carried light and comfortable on the hip and did fine service as a cutting tool.

I think I sense a Kiwi uprising (the fruit, not the bird or New Zealanders, I've found the NZ folks to be pretty nice) that I must put down with my trusty Remington in hand.

Back