Remington R2 pattern with plain sheepsfoot Qs...

Anyone know the model number of the Remington waterfowl knife (R2 pattern) that has a plain sheepsfoot blade - not a serrated one (otherwise it still has the green/yellow handle, punch, muskrat-like main blade, and the choke tool)? Also, were all of these SS or were some made with high carbon steel blades? FWIW, the main blade on the knife in question has "9507" on the back, but it doesn't sound like the model numbers I am used to seeing for these.

Thanks in advance.

I've only seen two models of that particular knife. The one with the Uncle Henry looking delrin, stainless blades and the serrated sheepfoot, and a green scaled one in carbon steel with a plain sheepfoot blade. The green scale/carbon steel ones aren't very common, and I have seen only two in the last three years. A local knife shop in Hartselle, Alabama had one of the green/carbon waterfowlers just last weekend. I didn't think to look at the model number, sorry. If they still have it next time I go up there, I'll try to remember the pattern number.

Thanks. I have the green carbon steel one like you described, but a web search only reveals the serrated SS ones now. I really liked the value inherent in the carbon steel one as a small game hunter/beater knife. I just wanted to know how to look for another one more efficiently on the web... :)

I find stuff scattered randomly all over Ebay and Google search, but those Remingtons ARE pretty hard to locate. Back in the late 1980's-early 1990's, several different sporting goods stores sold a bunch of different Remington knives, but by 2000 they were all pretty much disappeared around here. I run into some at knife specialty shops and gun/knife shows. Good luck locating.:)

Not sure if you are interested, but I just so happened to get the latest Parker mailer today in the mail, issue 2006-4, and on page 15, they have both the brown delrin Remington R2 with the serrated blade for $25 and the R1 Upland for $22.50!?!?!?!

Not affiliated, just thought I'd pass that along.....

I believe they call that Contributing to the Delinquency of a Checkbook or somesuch. :D

BTTT.

Anyone know if Remmy made an Upland (R1) model w/ carbon steel blades? If so, do you know the model #?

Thanks.

Back