Remington Steel

I recently purchased a Remington Bullet Fisherman Toothpick 5" off eBay - the description said it was a "high carbon stainless steel". The "cerificate of authenticity" states the steel is "Hi Carbon 0170-6C". Can anyone tell me what this steel is as it looks like a Carbon Steel and stains like a Carbon Steel (tomato juices) there as they say about "ducks" (if it looks and walks) it must be Carbon Steel.

It's good carbon -- probably made by Camillus (as a lot of blades are) and is the same stuff they use on their Beckers.

When I saw the thread title, I thought that you were going to ask about the old T.V. show Remington Steel ;) :D

Yes Remington's are made by Camillus and that's an excellent steel.

JDBLADE said:
I recently purchased a Remington Bullet Fisherman Toothpick 5" off eBay - the description said it was a "high carbon stainless steel". The "cerificate of authenticity" states the steel is "Hi Carbon 0170-6C". Can anyone tell me what this steel is as it looks like a Carbon Steel and stains like a Carbon Steel (tomato juices) there as they say about "ducks" (if it looks and walks) it must be Carbon Steel.

Hope you enjoy your new knife, I recently bought a 1990 Remington Trapper 1306 replica made by Camillus off ebay and it has become my EDC and on of my favotire "traditional" folders.

The TV show came to mind soon as I typed the title.

Thanks for the info - now I am more than happy with the knife. I was tempted to buy one of Queens Toothpicks in D2 not being a devotee of SS but this Carbon one will do me.

Back