removing G10

I have a BM 710. The thumb stud is close to the G10 and the same height. In order to make the thumb stud more accessable I am thinking or removing some of the g10. Has anyone done this? if so how file or dremal?.

Don't breath the dust. That is glass fibers and will cause a short term sore throat. Long term is very very bad for you lungs and I do all I can to avoid even short term exposure.

A dremmel will work with a half inch drum. The material machines quite well and will remove fairly quickly so use a fine or extra fine drum. Take it slow, don't get carried away or use high speed. A variable speed would be best. If high or one speed is all you have be light about it till you get the hang of it working that material.

I really recommend a good respirator but at the very least a mask and face shield.

STR

Go slow like STR said you dont want to grind into the axis locks little cut out under the scales.

To make it truly foolproof, make sure to clamp the knife down. Everybody does stupid things without thinking about it, and I'm not ashamed to admit I've tried to work on knives thinking I could hold them steady without problems. I am lucky enough not to have cut myself, but I did slip and put a scratch in a handle scale that I shouldn't have.

And put some masking tape on the lock openings and wedge a piece of moist paper towel in between the two scales to avoid any of the dust fouling the lock.

Back