Removing SAK scales

I want to remove the scales off this wenger, but I do want want to break them while getting them off. How should I appoarch this and wat steps do I need to take. Sorry for horrible pics.
Thanks in advance.

sammyismaboi029.jpg

sammyismaboi028.jpg

I remember seeing a thread about replacement scales for SAKs but I can't remember if anyone mentioned removing the originals. The search function isn't working for me right now, otherwise I'd try to find it and give you a link. If you can catch it while the search is working try "custom SAK scales" or something like that. There were a couple of really nice websites mentioned with some great replacement scales.

All you have to do is stick a razor blade or something very thin and metal between the scale and liner and twist whatever lifting tool you are using to pop it off of each of the three rivets. On reassembly, if you're using the old scales again, you might want to put some adhesive in each of the rivet heads as the lip that holds the scale down will now be stripped or chewed a little.

If you go to Sosakonline.com there is a search feature. They have complete tutorials for most SAK mods, as well as resources for buying new scales in original or exotic materials.

Back