Recommendation? Replacement blade for Benchmade Switchback?

Hello all,

A few years ago, I got my Dad a Benchmade Switchback for Christmas. He's used it for EDC since then. Unfortunately, he broke the small blade on the back. In addition, he's worn a LOT of the finish off the scales. I called Benchmade, but they no longer have replacement blades, which brings me to my quandary.

I know the easy answer is to just replace the knife, but I had his engraved, and he wants to keep THAT knife. In fact, I tracked down another really nice Switchback on eBay to replace the scales and small blade on his knife. So I'll be able to make his look new again. But that brings me to the replacement. I'm not worried about the scales at all, as I'll just sandblast them, and put a nice Cerakote finish on them. But I was wondering if any of you can recommend a knifemaker who can make a decent replica of the rear blade? Any idea of cost? I obviously don't want to spend too much on it, because I can just get another used Switchback on eBay for around $100. What do you all think?

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited:
That's going to be tough. Those are long disco'd. I had a Switchback when they first came out, but a little too thin for my liking. Hopefully one of the custom makers here can conjure something up for you! Good luck in your search!

Hello all,

A few years ago, I got my Dad a Benchmade Switchback for Christmas. He's used it for EDC since then. Unfortunately, he broke the small blade on the back. In addition, he's worn a LOT of the finish off the scales. I called Benchmade, but they no longer have replacement blades, which brings me to my quandary.

I know the easy answer is to just replace the knife, but I had his engraved, and wants to keep THAT knife. In fact, I tracked down another really nice Switchback on eBay to replace the scales and small blade on his knife. So I'll be able to make his look new again. But that brings me to the replacement. I'm not worried about the scales at all, as I'll just sandblast them, and put a nice Cerakote finish on them. But I was wondering if any of you can recommend a knifemaker who can make a decent replica of the rear blade? Any idea of cost? I obvious don't want to spend too much on it, because I can just get another used Switchback on eBay for around $100. What do you all think?

Thanks,
Brad

I don't know about cost, but I'm pretty sure Josh REK Knives REK Knives has done some custom blade replacements. If you did spend a little more than the cost of a donor knife though, you could probably have one made in a higher quality steel.

Dang…5 years later and Switchbacks have REALLY gone up in price. I’m still looking for a replacement rear blade. :confused:

Back