Replacement parts, and NON warranty repairs

So I've had my knives for almost two months. During that time I have disassembled them numerous times, and put a lot of wear on the head and threads of the torx screws holding the scales to the liners.
What would be the best way for me to obtain a replacement for them. Should I write Benchmade and ask for replacement screws?
Can I order them from some place online? and If so what size/specs of these screws?
Should/Can I send it in for repairs? (I understand they would not be covered under warranty) but I was wondering if they would replace the screws for a fee?
Has anyone else sent a knife in for non warranty repairs?

The knives are a 275 Adamas and a 300-1

E-mail BM's CS and see what they have to say would be your best 1st step IMO. They can probably give you a few options, and if you don't like the financial or time cost of said option then evaluate alternatives.

Give em a call the #'s are one the web site I just got some screws and a new clip for my 98 Stryker I just put back into service:thumbup:

Email replies can be very slow. Better to call them at 800-800-7427, and yes they'll send screws out. Just make sure you give them the model #'s you need. Then my question out of curiosity is: Why take apart the knives 'numerous' times?

Thanks for the replies guys. Ill call them up tomorrow and find out what can be done.

Email replies can be very slow. Better to call them at 800-800-7427, and yes they'll send screws out. Just make sure you give them the model #'s you need. Then my question out of curiosity is: Why take apart the knives 'numerous' times?

Ive been making my own scales. I had some trouble with the fit of the first ones I made.

I don't know about either of those models but every benchmade I've ever had used all 2-56 screws for everything but the pivots (in varying lengths from 3/16 all the way up to ~5/8") if you have to buy some I'd try 2-56 first, screws can be had for a few bucks for a 10pk at most knife making supply places.

Did your Adamas also have one of the lockbar screws (not loctite) glued in?
I heated it a bit to loosen what I thought to be loctite but still stripped mine and then made it work again by cutting a line into the screw head with a dremel cutoff wheel.
Would prefer to use some better quality screws if BM gives me the specs I can buy some myself. Also don't see why they should pay for me screwing around with their product. :D

Last edited:
Appreciate the reasoning for repeated takedowns. :thumbup:

The market for DIYS handle scale enthusiasts seems to be booming. There's lots of options now to replace all that black G-10. On screws, BKC has a lot of them to share, and for the asking. Screw lengths can be either too short or too long, depending on the model...neither a good option in the end. That's why they ask for the specifics, so their own warranty coverage isn't compromised. :rolleyes:

Did your Adamas also have one of the lockbar screws (not loctite) glued in?
I heated it a bit to loosen what I thought to be loctite but still stripped mine and then made it work again by cutting a line into the screw head with a dremel cutoff wheel.
Would prefer to use some better quality screws if BM gives me the specs I can buy some myself. Also don't see why they should pay for me screwing around with their product. :D

None of the screws seemed particularly hard to get off of the knife, most of the damage I did when I attempted to fit my home made scales to the liners and the holes were not lined up.

Back