Replacement scales for M1 & M4?

Does anyone know where (or if) one can buy G10 replacement scales for the M1 and M4? I have wood handles on mine, but want another set in G10 for when I’m more likely to damage them.

I emailed Lionsteel, but didn’t get a reply, so I’m hoping someone here has seen what I’m looking for.

Just saw this post minutes after creating a similar thread... Same boat as you but just for the M1 (for the moment). The M4 is also looking to be my next purchase...

It’s scary how our posts almost look identical.

I haven’t yet heard from anyone. Hopefully someone at Lionsteel sees this and sets the scales up on their web store.

Normally I'd recommend to write Lionsteel an email (I read that you already did that - maybe email them again: they are still a somewhat tiny company and had a lot to do this month due to MKM and Blade and their new solid knife) or contact them through Facebook - I did that numerous times and they react quite fast and reliably.

I don't know if Lionsteel gives out extra scales for their knives. Maybe not. I once had a similar question when I wanted titan scales for my g10 Big Daghetta. Back then turned out that they didn't sell extra scales but had a generous replacement policy when it comes to damaged scales.

So maybe you could just use the knife with it original scales (this obviously only is a solution when you like them). I'd recommend to use a non harding oil on them (e.g. camomile oil) so you won't run into problems when they get wet. Oiled wood scales are pretty durable and tough in my experience. Wetness is a problem but as long as you don't let them soak the water for some time there shouldn't be any problems. If you use the leather sheath it will become a limiting factor IMO.

Dangerously Dangerously Lionsteel just returned my email for replacement scales... They do in fact offer them! Gonna order some black G10's today...

THANKS LIONSTEEL CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!

Reactions: slo
Update... Ordered Wednesday 6/27, received today 6/29. Not bad from Maniago, Italy to Pennsylvania! Superb customer support from Lionsteel. I will be purchasing more of their fine blades for sure.

Reactions: slo
Well, maybe I’ll send another email. It’s been a couple of weeks. Too bad they’re not just up on the website for sale.

Lionsteel eventually emailed me an invoice, and shipped out the handles, including hardware. The price was reasonable.

They fit well. It’s nice to have options.

Im looking for scales as well. I'll email sometime and see if i can get some for my M4. THANKS TO ALL in this thread for finding out about the options that aren't posted.

Back