Report Chiruwa AK..Shera

I can't realy be too enthusiastic with the sad news regarding Nepal. Such wonderful tools they make!

Visual......nice
I really like the look of the "scallop" on the top of the back of the blade. A nice touch to reduce weight. And it is an attractive touch. This khukuri is shorter than my others, 16 1/2" and I knew it would be a good "chopper". Good control and enough weight to do the job. A good camp tool.
I like the strong slab handle, tapered tang [very impressed], and the center ridge in the hadle was there for added control. The "cut out" in the steel tang on the circular ridge had a bit of an edge but, 1 minute with a dremil tool, presto, good to go!

Hacking on my old stump proved I was right. This is the best tool for a camp "chopper". Not heavy at all, cuts great, and with the shorter blade excellent control. It even felt sharper after chopping. Did anyone ever notice this? Perhaps a "feather" edge beig removed? I have this khukuri in the tool shed next to my camping/fishing gear. It will be ready when I am.

Please Uncle Bill thank Bura, Shera and all for a good product. I truly hope things improve.
All the best to everyone.

Sam

Ahh yes, another convert to the chiruwa club:D

COngrats on the new blade Sams:)

Sam, I noted your comment about getting sharper as you used the Khuk. It defies all logic if you think about it, but I have run into the same situation. I only have three Khuks right now,but the Siru. and the BAS I have have done the same thing that you mentioned. Sharper with use. My AK just seems to maintain the blade that it had when I got it. Those other two are down right dangerous. I am thinking that what Uncle Bill said about the blades wanting their blessing is also true. I try to be very careful with this type of blade but some how I wind up with that funny red stuff dripping from somewhere and don't know how it happened.

Glad you like the knife from the pictures they surely look strong.:) :) :)

Pappy, I feel for you........it always happened to me with the "other brands" of khukuris. You know, I had about four of various brands with the "plastic/neoprene" handles. I always cut myself. I just sold 2 on ebay. I'll send the rest my "band-aids" your way.wink

Using wood handles, forged steel, handmade HI khukuris, I have not cut any parts yet. [I hope I continue this way] All of the HI khukuri feel and fit as an extension of my hand. The WW 11 is more blade heavy in balance and will twist in my hand if I do not make contact with a "stop". I am quite happy with the Chiruwa by Sher [sorry for the previous incorrect spelling]. A great handling chopper for wood. Not my first choice for a weapon though.

All the best, Sam

Back