Required For Survival ...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by afishhunter, Aug 23, 2020.

1. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    You can do the same thing here. But the location tends to be in the higher crime areas. Here that means minority members mostly for the most part. Grand daughter bought a modest house out in the country for 100K. It was probably a 60K house when it was built. I thought 12-15K was a lot for a pickup..... times have changed. But I have to say they are a lot nicer these days.

2. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I think my most expensive pickup was $750 (1966 IHC 1100A. :) I traded it for three Corvair when I had surgery on right knee and hip. :( )

3. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    From my point of view, that was a poor choice. :D But to each their own. I got my first pickup in 1980 but drove them for work all the time. My sister's kid bought a new one as his first vehicle about a year ago. For me, it took a while to make the transition as I grew up not really ever experiencing the convenience of a pickup. That assumes you don't have to haul around a bunch of kids.

4. Fire King

Fire King Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2020
    If going with instant this stuff does the trick: Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso

afishhunter likes this.
  5. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Agree, but, a "three on the tree" and right leg in cast do not play well together. I had to use left foot for gas and brake. The Corvair's had a powerslide automatic.
    I do miss that pickup ... and the (1960 and 1963) Corvair's, if I'm gonna be honest about it. :D